Skip to main content

Golden Oldies Truck Show Dubbo 9th August 2014

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #113321 by modela2010
Hi all,

Just getting in early, never too early as the time soon flies, to tell you lot that the next Dubbo Truck Show is to be on the 9th August 2014. The 9th is on a Saturday!

The unofficial plan at the moment is to turn up on the Friday or Thursday??? to enable a mystery tour (drive) on the Friday to look at some local "toys" if you lot are interested. A show of hands please???

The show will be mainly on the Saturday with a procession on the Sunday morning to allow for a controlled mass exit, if you need to leave on Sunday morning, and to allow for photo opportunities. A comment was made by the public that there was not many trucks still around on the Sunday or leaving as they came through the gate. I understand that you all have to travel home at some point on the Sunday.

Preparations are already underway to make this show bigger and better but "we" need your attendance to make it what it will be. Flyers will be sent out when things are more finalized and will be posted here!

Take care and see you on the Haulin' the Hume!

Jon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #113322 by gilly
Hi, If I am still standing, count me in, may have a different chariot for this one ;)
Gilly

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #113323 by Swishy
Gilly
Gudday M8

RE: different chariot

Ok Gilly
spill u're beanz

Wotcha dun

n did the chief engineer give hiz approval

LOL

Pix could help

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #113324 by modela2010
Gilly, Hope your chariot is not of the one horse type and runs on hay! ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #113325 by mammoth
The early Sunday departure has been an issue for all two day shows. That sounds like some creative thinking has been happening and turning the situation into an attraction. Well done.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #113326 by geoffb
Had a good time last year and a great lot of trucks and was able to meet some interesting people
But again had to leave mid day sunday as had to be at work Monday
I would suggest to any one that hasn't not been worth the trip [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #113327 by GRINNIN BIG
Well I have been waiting for this one to show up on the forum, never to soon to prepare. Just a days drive for me , will be there for sure !! cant wait .
Gilly , cant wait to see what your taking , are you calling in to Dubbo on your way home with it !!! ???
Cheers BG :P :P :P :P :D :D ;D ;D

More
10 years 11 months ago #113328 by theroadbossman
Hi ya Jon,
Maybe you better send me a PM on what we need to do to secure a spot on the grass for our lot mate :)
Too early? not a hope when you are dealing with the corporate side of things Jon, just in time I'd say. Hear from you soon..
Bretto 8-)

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

More
10 years 11 months ago #113329 by Slasha
Modela2010
Is marked on the Calender for next year.
It is always a great weekend ;)

Slasha

1974 White Road Boss

More
10 years 11 months ago #113330 by 77louie400

The early Sunday departure has been an issue for all two day shows. That sounds like some creative thinking has been happening and turning the situation into an attraction. Well done.

At our yearly fair we call friday and sunday club days, and use them for club runs ect, you lose a bit on the gate on sundays but it gives us a bit of time to enjoy the event, I think over time we will train the crowd to attend on saturday, they can wander in on sunday but we don't have any obligations and over the next couple of years we hope to push them out of sunday altogeather.

Time to create page: 0.617 seconds