Skip to main content

Golden Oldies Truck Show Dubbo 9th August 2014

More
9 years 10 months ago #113391 by paulc20
When are the Sydney guys heading up?

I'm thinking I will leave Bathurst mid morning Friday and meet up with the Friday run at their lunch break at a pub east of Dubbo then run into Dubbo with them.

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #113392 by v8 inter nut
I plan on leaving at around lunchtime on Friday (big 1hr trip from molong) if the Sydney blokes want to do a counter lunch here in molong I'm up for it!

More
9 years 10 months ago #113393 by modela2010
Hi all,

Got the Friday run sorted, just need to confirm numbers regarding the lunch at the Ballimore Inn. Lunch will be up to you lot as some may only require liquid refreshments, but counter meals are available. As to what time "we" leave the showground on Friday morning is to be finalised, as it depends on the stop at Wongarbon. I will keep you all posted!

Paulc20, Not sure what time we will be at Ballimore Inn but will let you know approx time.

The Friday run is about 70 km, about 4-5 hours, including stops and lunch break.

The Sunday run is still a go but we will be going out to the Western Plains Zoo instead of Dundullimal homestead. Better access, catering and parking available at the zoo (and open on Sunday). There is free entry to a limited part of the zoo, where the cafe is. You will need to purchase entry tickets to enter and look at the zoo.

There are a few displays "booked" for our show.
The Remote Control Model Trucks and Remote Control Drag Line as seen at Clarendon last year.
Albert the bus is coming! www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc...810081,d.bGQ&cad=rja

More details as event gets closer. See a few of you lot from Wednesday onwards.

ONLY 29 SLEEPS TO GO!!!!! for some..... :-/

More
9 years 10 months ago #113394 by modela2010
Some piccies from 2012. Enjoy!!

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

More
9 years 10 months ago #113395 by modela2010
24 Sleeps to go!

Gee, you lot are quiet. Must be working late out in the shed getting the old bangers ready ;) ;)

More
9 years 10 months ago #113396 by modela2010
Went to an event meeting at the council office last night and there were some people in attendance representing tourism and hospitality. One "motel" in particular approached us regarding accommodation over the truck show weekend. It was decided to check out this place this afternoon as they showed interest in "our" event.

I have no affiliation or relationship with this motel. The "motel" is Quality Inn Dubbo, near the golf club on the southern side of Dubbo, as coming from Parkes. The motel is truck friendly with easy access within motel for rigid trucks or prime mover. Height restrictions are good. Parking available for cab overs, with a 3.1 meter height restriction in some areas. Some parking available for semi trailers.

Quality Inn Dubbo can be contacted on 02 6882 4777. www.qualityinndubbo.com.au There is also a restaurant onsite but closed on Saturday and Sunday nights. :-/ No idea on prices but give them a ring!

More
9 years 10 months ago #113397 by AERODYNE
Can't wait ,bringing a White Super Power ,KB7 ,T model Ford and the Cat powered Aerodyne ,it will be good to catch up with everyone again,see you there
Chappo

More
9 years 10 months ago #113398 by modela2010
Quality Inn Dubbo can also be contacted on 1800 288 621.

More
9 years 10 months ago #113399 by modela2010
Hi Chappo,

Like to see the T model towing the trailer ;) ;D ;D

More
9 years 10 months ago #113400 by v8 inter nut
I'm looking forward to it :)

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds