Skip to main content

Funny moment ....LOL

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2457 by
Funny moment ....LOL was created by
Last night i would change the oil on my ute every thing was going great with light rain falling i tighten up the oil filter started the motor to see oil running out .

So i said few choice words and tighten it a little harder this did slow it to a driple but now few more choice words were utter .

By now my neighbours knew somthing was wrong so i put out a sos to podge who clamly said is the rubber seal still there after lot of work to get the fliter off again.

Yep you guessed it the old rubber seal was , so i did think up again and NO OIL LEAKS ;D ;D ;D.

So if you had a funny moment or what ever tell us about it i can't be the only one that could do this. Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2458 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Deadly.
On the first day I was doing my Auto Apprenticeship I was told a story like yours, then told to all ways check that there is no seals left on the block, then wipe the block to check for problems, then you put some clean oil on the new seal & thread before your filter back on.

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2459 by
Replied by on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Yes mate i did that but it was dark.
But i'm sure you done some silly things in life come tells us we will find out !!!!!! ;D ;D.Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago #2460 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Dave,
I recently did a terrific job of putting all my new dash in. new wiring harness...everthing just smick. Until I leaned into the cab and fired the engine up, murphy alarm went quiet so I though good weve got oil pressure and after a couple of minutes of running large amounts of black detroit oil started running out of everywhere behind the dash...noddy forgot to connect the oil line to the gauge ! :'( Didnt know wether to cry or swear.
Now all the dash has been out again and the harness all split open and cleaned im back to where I started.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #2461 by Andy Wright
When I owned my Mack (she's now over here getting the TLC she deserves) I replaced the broken leaf on the front left spring which I'd found after giving her a clean underneath. The front mount for the spring was pretty standard - you guys would have a better idea than me as I haven't done one since - and had a rubber section that hung down after everything had been removed. Once I'd replaced the leaf and made things look pretty, put the spring back in the rear mount and then happily went about the doing up the front end. As I was doing up the nuts on the base plate cover thing, a dangly thing kept hitting the arm of the socket. It was really pi*sing me off until I had just about done up the fourth nut, was having a rest before giving it a final turn, when I looked at what had been getting in the way - the rubber bloody thing that was supposed to go back in place before the base plate. Needless to say I got some good practice in reassembly then!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2462 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
My moment took a while to become funny. In the mid 80's I had a Leyland 580N, which was basically a Boxer fitted with the old Austin conventional cab (only 12 built) 6-98 diesel,5 speed and 2 speed diff, deadly would remember it. Anyway, middle of winter,cold enough for a brass monkey to wear thermal undies, in the driveway, under a tarp, while giving the old 6-98 a rebuild it began to snow, so I thought that's it I'm packing up for the day. So I put everything away and break out the hand cleaner and into the laundry and turn on hot and cold water.The water is still cold so I turn off the cold tap and crank up the hot one. Still cold, so I give the hot water full bore, it's only when the blisters started to appear I realise the water's boiling hot and it's my hands that are frozen. It wasn't so funny at the time but afterwards we had a good laugh.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2463 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
a couple of funny ones still stand out ..from my days working as a mechanic..first one was a lady had a brand new car & she says to me i think my car is useing to much oil anyway after a bit of a chat the lady had actually filled the engine to the top of the oil filler cap(she figured thats where the oil level had to be)..luckily she just lived around the corner & hadnt tried to start the engine .. another time a mate sent a nice young lady around who owned a volvo 240 that needed a tune up..anyway my mate had told her that volvos need some special tool,anyway she asked me have you got a special tool? ! ... ill leave the rest to your imagination

More
15 years 9 months ago #2464 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Kenny, I like the first part, and the second part; "YOU WISH" ;D :P ;D

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

More
15 years 9 months ago #2465 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
A few years ago I pulled into a 7/11 while a person 'fixed' their overheating VP Commodore by taking off the oil cap and filling the hole with water.

He was speaking perfect english until I told him what he had home and suggested he get it towed when he started speaking his naive toung and said ' no English, no English, guarantee!' and laughed.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2466 by
Replied by on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Heres another one for you lot few years ago i was following a car up Hume and i was having use my wipers lot when they pulled into a servo i pulled up behind them and told they were lossing water.

The anwser was they no leak they were just passing the funnel connected to a hose and was pouring out was p##s and that was time i washed my ute 3 times in one day. ;D ;D ;D :-[.Dave

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds