Skip to main content

Funny moment ....LOL

More
15 years 9 months ago #2467 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
i hope you had your windows up when you were behind them !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2468 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Heres my funny moment for the day...dont go to sleep in a cattle trough in the sun.
:-[

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #2469 by
Replied by on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
I hope were clean i'm thinking about those poor milking cows but then again they might be worried about you!!! ;D ;D ;D.Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #2470 by Andy Wright
Don't think they'd be milking cows out there, Dave! Something is milky white in that photo though!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2471 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Being a traitor or I should say ex WA person Andy you would know where Siberia is. That is where the picture was taken. Only cows I saw there were dead.
Im ignoring the disrespectful comment about the bottle nosed dolphin skin colour to.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #2472 by Andy Wright
Disrespectful? Hell, at least it shows you're sun smart...while at the same time the pic shows you weren't at the time...

Siberia? Lucky $#%! One of the very outer "suburbs" of the great metopolis that is Kal, IIRC. Love old mine sites and miss the ones in WA. Got a bit of a fix when in Tassie recently but haven't managed a Vic fix yet.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2473 by SWR
Replied by SWR on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Yes i understand this topic well, years ago i was going to drive over east frm Perth & the night before I left i thought bugger it i will change the oil before i go as a bit of insurance my old ute would carry me through to Sydney. So after talking with me neighbor & having a few quiet tinnies (2 or 3 ???) was filling up with nice new oil & sitting having a chat when we both notice a big wet patch under the front of the ute. Yep lubricated myself with to many ales & forgot to put the sump plug in. Tell you what it makes a hell of a differance when you put the sump plug in the oil actually stays in the motor Duh embarrassing but could have been worse & yes nowadays I always double check the sump plug is on ha ha. ;D :-[

More
11 years 2 months ago #2474 by old scrapman
In 1970 was working at local saw mill old bloke had a 1963 falcon purchased new ,knocking off one night got 300meters down road stopped with bonnet up stopped to have a look engine sized .
car was towed to ford dealer ,old bloke was very picky about car and used to change oil every 4 weeks with fail ,mechanics pulled engine out and found big end sized turned out out he changed oil but had never changed the filter blocked solid when cut open.
peter

More
11 years 2 months ago #2475 by dirty wheels
Common thread is oil....slippery stuff

Mine was on my third day of work experience in a mechanics shop. Just finished assisting putting the engine / trans back in a Morris 1100 (tan one), all up on stands. The mechanic I was helping said ' you can fill her up with engine oil now'. And that's just what I did. Funnel in, 5 litre oil jug in hand...full steam.
Got nearly all the container of oil into the rocker cover opening when it decided it needed to releave itself of a rather large air bubble and I'm sure 3 litres then came spewing up and out and all over everything... including the mechanic who was lying under the thing.
I was not the most popular 15yo in the place for the next few days. I recieved the dirtiest jobs as payback for what seemed like eternity after that.

I was living the dream....

DW :)

And remember

More
11 years 2 months ago #2476 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
When I first started my apprenticeship it was assist the 2nd year apprentice to sweep the workshop floor (bl00dy big), then into the lube bay to assist the greaser, who did most of the services. (grease every 500 miles, oil & filter & grease every 1000 miles) Day 1 I'm doing a grease under Dave's instruction & I tell him I can't get any grease into this nipple near the front wheel. Dave has a look & sure enough I'm trying to grease the brake bleeder. Over the years I've done the 2 oil filter sealing rings, the forgot the sump plug, but thankfully not the fill to the top with oil. Still there's probably still time for that as I get more forgetfull in my dotage. Cya Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds