Skip to main content

Funny moment ....LOL

More
11 years 2 months ago #2477 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
I have seen a bloke put 205 litres of oil in a 3406 cat .... Plugged the air operated drum pump in and went to get a beer ..... That's a lot of oil to clean up in the bottom of a pit ..... But being the bosses son nothing was said.

No it was not me ..... I had to clean up the mess though

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2478 by old scrapman
First major engine repair was burnt valves on 1961 falcon and pulled head of and took to local engine rebuilder ,3 days later collected head and gasket kit and on way home i need gasket goo etc small tubes so better have 5 ,next day into it .
Head gasket was steel very thin so gooed both sides it was not going to leak ,10 kays to work and flat no hills no problems ,over following weekend went a lot further it boiled and boiled after tipping creak water down radiator at every creak on way home.
consulted old mechanic next door who burst out laughing and explained on gasket cement or goo not to be used new head gasket and why and after a lot work and second gasket boilng went away he also explained instructions on gasket packet were for reading
peter

• Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #2479 by
Replied by on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
One moment I just remembered happened many years ago.I was driving an Albion which had in them days a 24v system in it, pressed the starter button one morning and blew the battery pole and terminal clean off one of the batteries so being a near new battery we said that we would repair the pole and save some money.We had some lead to melt so we made a metal mold in the right shape,got the gas axe for some heat,took the lids off the top, got the hose running water over the battery and away we went repairing this battery. After a while we stop and look at our handy work and every thing is going fine my mate has a smoke and we get right back into it,next thing i know there is an all mighty explosion i am knocked flat on my back ,my ears are ringing, my eye brows are missing,i open my eyes to see my work mate running past me to get to the hose to start to water us down,but as you know what goes up must come down it now start's to rain down bits of battery and a shower of acid all over me.I am still here today but I did know before ,DO not put naked flames near battery's.
LN 700 ::)

More
11 years 2 months ago #2480 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
I learnt that if you take injectors out of a 711 Mack and have them done up, count the ruddy washers that come out, I musta only taken 5 oldies out and put 6 new ones in, :'( melted the top off the piston in the first 5/6 miles, an expensive lesson.
Was told that Mack and Mercedes were noted for this. 1976.

Trust me

More
11 years 2 months ago #2481 by dodgemetal
Replied by dodgemetal on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
Not trucks but helping a mate one night at 1am after working on this car all day/night and drinking the whole time, had removed all head bolts but 2 that snapped off. couldnt get them out so decided to just swap motors, hooked up crane to motor, lifted motor and car 4ft into air till it came loose. Realised after we had motor on ground we'd just lifted it with only the 2 snapped bolts holding the head on, which is where the lifting points are on :o. Could have been a lot worse if it'd let go, since we where walking under the motor lol. ;D
Sad to say definitly not the last stupid thing ive done though :D :D
Skippy

More
11 years 2 months ago #2482 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Funny moment ....LOL
My mistake was giving my wife enough instructions on what we she was requiredto do .I was putting a motor back in a 1958 model D5 Bedford and had it down nearly where it had to go ,it was hanging on a 3pt linkage jib on back of tractor .I needed help to slide tail end of gearbox over mounting as the engine and gearbox is lowered ,so calling for wife of 2 or 3 years for help and I said to her after putting her hand on the linkage handle to slowly push it down when I say .So under the Bedford I go and lifting the back of the gearbox I call out slowly down ,down it come beautiful ,right were it was suppose to go so I called out. WHOA and with that she pulled the ow lever back up and out flew the engine so me yelling again the lever was :) :-X push back down and the engine dropped back down.With me flying out as the engine going back up .it did not do the fan or the things mounted on firewall any good. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(38 year later she is still my wife.

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds