Skip to main content

And another one bites the dust!

More
11 years 3 months ago #105217 by dirty wheels
Looks like Kalari are fit and well still.... www.kalari.com.au/ .....but how would you know, tomorrow is a new day......

They were bought out by the Swire Group some years ago and look to be going alot of their business in Qld & WA now carting bulk explosives and ore.

Swire group own Frigmobile and Swire Shipping etc etc out of Hong Kong or Singapore....

DW :)

And remember

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #105218 by

Heard a whisper that Kalarri have shut up shop too & someone else who I can't remember. cya Tim ;)

Tim

Kalari trucks are still running out of the depot in Fitgerald Road Laverton North.

Trevor

More
11 years 3 months ago #105219 by Raggsie
I do know Kalari have wound down in Portland.
I do believe to concentrate more on the major Mining contracts.
They are owned by Swire which is a major major worldwide operation and been in business a long long long time.
Was talking to a Mate just back from shift on one of their Mine jobs today, no drama there.
Also owned Transwest which they rolled into Kalari a few years back.
This rumour mill thing is unreal eh.

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

More
11 years 2 months ago #105220 by tim
Geelong depot is locked up tighter than a fishes bum.

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

11 years 2 months ago #105221 by
I have heard on the grape vine that Transpacfic are shut down the Montrose transfer station and Lysterfield tip and maybe there going out backwards who knows . Dave

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #105222 by Peters104
Kalari Laverton operations cease from 31st March 2013, they are going to retain headoffice somewhere in the Laverton area but are not saying where.

Word is they are buying Patience Bulk Logistics in WA so head office might even move there.

Apart from the mineral sands contract in western Vic there will be little else left in Vic.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Peters104.

11 years 2 months ago #105223 by
g'day Peters104 .. where in western Vic. is the mineral sands project?....

11 years 2 months ago #105224 by
Detective:

I found this

By Brad Gardner | August 23, 2010

Kalari will begin hauling a 30 metre super B-double in south west Victoria as part of a trial to reduce the number of trucks on the road.

The transport operator has been given the green light to haul mineral sands from Illuka

11 years 2 months ago #105225 by
...thank you LN 700 for that info :) :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #105226 by Raggsie
Gidday Detective, did work on that job for a short stint out of Douglas, just up the road from here.
That deposit and its satellite are finished but the deposits exist pretty much all over the western side of Vic and as far north as Euston across to Balranald I think.(think sandy country)
The Separation Plant is in Hamilton and the end product ships via Portland.
Current deposits shipped out of Ouyen district is trucked to and railed from Hopetoun.

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds