Skip to main content

And another one bites the dust!

More
11 years 2 months ago #105227 by clarkie383

Word is they are buying Patience Bulk Logistics in WA so head office might even move there.

Really?
Will ask some questions tomorrow,local to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105228 by cymro
SWIRE ARE HUGE ,MOSTLY INTO SHIPPING AND AVIATION(THEY OWN CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS)BUT ALSO GOT THEIR FINGERS IN A LOT OF OTHER PIES.ONE OF MAIN OFFICES IN HONG KONG BUT THEY ARE A POMMY FIRM.
OF LOCAL TRUCKING INTEREST THE ALSO OWN ALEX FRASER GROUP
PHOTO IS FROM THEIR WEB SITE.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105229 by clarkie383
Well i heard today that Kalari are having a bit of a rough patch but are restructuring to get back on track.
Patience bulk Haulage has not been sold but has had offers on the table but i dont know who.
It may be Qube as they just bought out a company in Pt Hedland.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105230 by olddon
Just heard (via Facebook) that Woolworths have sacked all their drivers (in Vic) and Linfox have taken over.Supposedly about 200 people have been sacked

More
11 years 2 months ago #105231 by Mrsmackpaul
who remembers the Karlari TV add from mid 80's I would think "Karlari the biggest transport group in the west" ?

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 2 months ago #105232 by Johnm020
Kalari are still moving Amonium Nitrate out of Gladstone to the mines. They have another operation based at Moura.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105233 by andrewM
well i know that there are at least two transport companys i would not give any work to and i have in the pasted worked for and they are toll and fox they only buy the work look what will happen with safeways over the next few years no that the fox has got in there.

1964 114 dodge&&

More
11 years 2 months ago #105234 by craigs
Have heard that it was the safeway drivers that outpriced themselves. Don't no for a fact but did here $34.00 an hour for a company driver. Craig

More
11 years 2 months ago #105235 by waynestr

Have heard that it was the safeway drivers that outpriced themselves. Don't no for a fact but did here $34.00 an hour for a company driver. Craig

Would you work for less? I know I wouldnt. I'd much rather go broke at home, than go to work and go broke.

More
11 years 2 months ago #105236 by Mrsmackpaul
waynestr that's a very good point why would you work for less than they offer after all you only live once don't give your life away for any less than you can. I often read on here about someone looking for dirt cheap backloading to get some old what ever home and I wonder isn't that the whole problem with this industry everyone trying to screw the last cent out of everyone. Just a thought don't shoot me just thinking out aloud! :)

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.554 seconds