Skip to main content

Please help with IH 766 Information

More
7 years 5 months ago #176916 by Sarge
Well done Paul, great job..... now I need to go get a busted tractor just to try it out... :woohoo: actually, no, I think i will just watch the video...again...

thanks

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #176920 by Urchy87
Cheers Paul

That will certainly help when I get the time to give it a go. Between work and dealing with getting the cattle yards and calf race sorted out the tractor has been put on the back burner.

Most of the calves have been dealt with now except for a few cows that are out of sync so I should have some time in January to get back on track with it.

I will let you know how I go.

Again, thanks.

Adventure before Dementia.

More
7 years 5 months ago #176923 by Mrsmackpaul

Dave_64 wrote: Good one, Paul !
Now, want to see you do keyhole surgery (with captions) for an appendectomy!
Ever thought of a career as a tutor? Politician?
Cheers, Dave.

No mate I am the worlds worst speaker I have done a few video's like this one with stupid captions and the like
I dont think I would be any good as a polly I would be knocked off pretty quick some bugger wouldnt like something I would be doing

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #176924 by Mrsmackpaul

Urchy87 wrote: Cheers Paul

That will certainly help when I get the time to give it a go. Between work and dealing with getting the cattle yards and calf race sorted out the tractor has been put on the back burner.

Most of the calves have been dealt with now except for a few cows that are out of sync so I should have some time in January to get back on track with it.

I will let you know how I go.

Again, thanks.

Its not a huge job and even easier on your model tractor as there isnt as much stuff to pull out of the way and the lid isnt under the seat as the fuel tank is in front of your steering wheel not behind the seat as in the later tractors

Paul

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176954 by Urchy87
That's music to my ears. The easier the better.

I see you are a frequent uploader on YouTube. Keep it up.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177204 by Urchy87
Hey

I'm getting around to doing some stuff I have wanted to do for a bit. I've started giving the hydraulics a birthday (fix leaks, replace the filter and oil that I have had in the shed for months). Firstly, is there a tool you can use better than Multi Grips to remove the Fitting around the TA shaft? It has flat edges on 2 sides but the rest is round. I have already done this one but would like to know in the event of doing it again. Before I replaced this seal I noticed little to know change in switching the TA on and off. Now there is a noticeable difference. I didnt think that o'ring would make much if any change to its operation.

I'm also replacing the seal where the clutch goes into the same housing as the TA. I'm waiting for that part to come in but is there a secret to getting the old one out and new one in? Will the old one pop out easily and the new one go in without great force? It looks like the old one has some kind of sealant around the outside of the seal. Is there something I should also use?

Once I drop the oil I will attack the spring as per the video that Mrsmackpaul posted.

Cheers

Urchy87

Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #177222 by Mrsmackpaul
if there is no change in your TA you most likely dont have one anymore

Im not sure what that fitting is in your fingers there for the clutch with out seeing some more of were it came from

Paul

More
7 years 4 months ago #177225 by Urchy87
Hey Paul

The TA is definitely working now. There is a significant change in speed when the lever is shifted but before replacing the seal I felt no change when tried previously.

The fitting is the one that goes around the shaft where the clutch linkage connects to the hydraulics. It's on the side you get up in the tractor on the same block the TA connects to (Clearly by my description I'm no mechanic. Lol). It looks like the seal is pressed in.

It won't let me upload the other photos as it says the exceed the limit when I go to post 1 of them.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177238 by Sarge
Urchy, your photos are just too big,
either run them through microsft office or email them to your self and reduce their size.
From my camera I use microsoft office Reize by half and then they fit.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #177247 by Urchy87
Here is the seal and its location. The location photo isn't the best but its on the side you climb up on and goes into the same block where the TA enters the hydraulics.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Urchy87.

Time to create page: 0.610 seconds