Skip to main content

Please help with IH 766 Information

More
8 years 2 months ago #167641 by Urchy87
Thanks hayseed. Just created an account bit won't have time to look through it tonight.

Mrsmackpaul I will see how I go with the manual I get. If I need those details I might get you to send a copy through.

As always, there is plenty of helpful people on this forum.

Cheers.

Adventure before Dementia.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #167869 by mammoth
Plough Book Sales is the best place to look for these tractor manuals

More
8 years 1 month ago #167991 by Urchy87
Struggling to find the full workshop manual for it but I will keep searching. The I&T ones are easy to come by though so if I can't find the full manual I might get one of them for the interim.

My next question is on hydraulics. I need to connect the Gyral to them but the loader forks run from one of the rear remotes. Is there an easy way to combine them or add another lever to operate the Gyral? I have attached some pictures for you to see what I'm dealing with.

Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago #167994 by Mrsmackpaul
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationthis the type of manual you need for the chassis

as for the hydraulics will need more in formation as to what you have if you only have a single spool and want to be able to use the loader and the remotes for your combine and other things you

The oil gets pumped from two pumps one the main transmission and the other main pump in the rear housing pipe goes up RHS of the rear housing sort of under your RH foot then into a spool valve how big is that spool valve ??? need some pics of it and I may be able to help from there

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 1 month ago #168000 by dieseldog
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the tractor has a single remote to which the loader valve is plugged into for an oil supply and I'm guessing that the oil returns to the sump through a filler cap or something, somewhere? Your going to have to get a "Power Beyond" valve, which will plumb into the line between the pump and the 3 point linkage and remote valve, so it can supply both the 3 point linkage/remotes and the auxiliary loader valve. Its much like a tee piece, but it will have a relief valve and most likely a priority valve, which means if the pressure drops, it will stop oil flow to the auxiliary valve and keep it going to the hitch. I think that they may still be available as a kit from Case IH.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168005 by Mrsmackpaul
maybe DD maybe not wont know until we get the correct photo from urchy ???? and their is usually simple ways to get more remote outlets on this style of tractor

Paul

More
8 years 1 month ago #168006 by Urchy87
Mrsmackpaul, that's a good looking manual. Ebay didn't bring anything from international sellers up when I searched it. Is the only difference from the American 766 and ours the engine and tyres? In other words do I bother looking for that in an Australian version or get it through the link you just gave me? As for the hydraulics I will need to be able to operate both at once as the front forks drop down slowly and it would be hard to take them on and off. If I get time I will take some covers off and grab more pictures. Where on particular would you need them from?

dieseldog, there is a line returning to the side of the hydraulic block closest to the lever controller just behind the 2 silver coloured plugs if that makes sense. From the 'Power Beyond' valve would I take it to another lever for operating the implements ram? I will call the Toowoomba Case IH dealer tomorrow to see if they can supply one. Might even head over and check the spare one I've been given. It previously had a FEL on it but has since been removed.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168008 by Mrsmackpaul
you wont get a Australian manual doubt they ever made one the engine will not be listed in the manual as IH had three manuals for there tractors dozers etc a chassis manual which this one is a engine manual and a parts manual
if you can get photos of the IH spool valve we should be able to advise you what to get and most likely the wreckers will be good spot for what ever you need as you should be able to plumb another remote or two in before the remote you have now and it is normally quite simple to do hope this is if some help

Paul

More
8 years 1 month ago #168010 by Urchy87
Ok. Thanks. I will try to get photos tomorrow afternoon and thanks for the manual. I will try ordering one through them. Umm. What did you search to bring that up?

More
8 years 1 month ago #168011 by Mrsmackpaul
IH 766 manual was all I typed in I think and there it was

Paul

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds