Hi,

Broken Hill, maybe too late?

-b

Mucking about on the edge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #135451 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: How rusty is too rusty
My grandfather and his mate owned and ran those buses in the 1940s and into the 50s, the bloke that parked them there had some grand plans but I can remember them being parked there at least 30 years ago and it looks like time hasn't been kind. There was a house there as well but I seem to remember it burnt down many years ago.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #135452 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic Re: How rusty is too rusty
Hi,

Ya, from recent memory (duh) no substantial buildings on the block.
A few bits and pieces of 'modern' car stuff but as you can see the block is mostly clear and well defined with a good fence.

-b

Mucking about on the edge
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Bobsboy.

More
9 years 5 months ago #135453 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: How rusty is too rusty
saw them there in 2006 and judging from this pic they are now returning to earth.

More
9 years 5 months ago #135454 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: How rusty is too rusty
Hopefully the whole place is doing the world a favour and returning to the earth.

More
9 years 5 months ago #135455 by Soft-Hearted-Scotsman
has anyone yet made moulds and a full Fibreglass Dodge D5N /Inter cab that we can buy? That would be great.
That Dodge cab you first put up for this thread is pretty rusty, and hard to do those corner sections where the A pillar meets the dash. I need a good rust free cab myself which I hope to find being advertised in drier country.
I did see a guy welding on a split windscreen Kombi the other day. What attracted my attention was the jagged rusted edge on EVERY join so it was really falling apart with holes on all the jagged joins on every edge and corner. Being rare, the workshop owner told me the welder was the owner and he paid $20K for that very rusty Kombi and will be spending $30K restoring it. I would not take on that project.

Kind Regards

More
9 years 4 months ago #135456 by Hemi74
Replied by Hemi74 on topic Re: How rusty is too rusty
Roof swap isn't hard if you take mesurements and cut it on pillars, then tack roof/pillars on and check glasses fit, esp front and back , and check door gap, I wouldn't but weld use a check in air operated tool that makes a sunken lip to slide underneath the lower section of the larger rear pillars. Try not to get too much heat in rear pillars can cause warping of panel steel , small stagger welds , and wet rag.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds