Skip to main content

My Dodge D5N Finished....nearly

More
8 years 4 months ago #165545 by WA Dodge
Finally finished my Dodge D5N Project. Just getting it licensed now.
Running standard equipment with a 360 engine. I have done the whole thing myself including building the tray from scratch.
Modifications I have made include widening the rear guards by 60mm to square it up with the front. Shortened the tray by 200mm.

I am really happy with it. Just need to get on the road and get some kms on it.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacho

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165546 by asw120
She's come up nice and tidy.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: WA Dodge

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165547 by hayseed
Good job, there WA dodge.
I'm curious if you have any Pics of the Tub build?
Did you have an old one for a template?

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by hayseed.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165548 by AB120
Nice job well done
Graham

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165550 by ar110
Cool looking ride. You've done a great job and must be happy with your result.
I'm building an AT4 atm in a different style. Colour will also be green but a light mint green.

Don't mean to hijack thread but would you happen to have a D5N manual with wiring schematic that you could copy and send to me cause I'm having troubles with my electrical atm as the previous owner installed a D5N running gear and wiring and its completely different to the AT4. I cant find a schematic anywhere to sort it out.

Cheers Mick. 0410865476
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by ar110.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165551 by WA Dodge
Hayseed - yes copied the old tub but modified to suit the things I didn't like about the original. A mate rolled the top edges for me which was my design, sort of F truck/dodge! The bars on the bottom are just straight 30mm tube. I panted it black underneath before finished to save tipping the finished one upside down. I built it on top of my old trailor as made a good work bench height. Here is a couple of photos of the tub build.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

More
8 years 4 months ago #165552 by WA Dodge
ar110 - no I don't have wiring schematic but I used the AT4 manual and also copied a couple of harnesses that I had collected and all where the same. How is yours so different ie what doesn't work?

More
8 years 4 months ago #165553 by Mrsmackpaul
fantastic stuff looks really good to me she's green thats for sure

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 4 months ago #165556 by AT4114
Top looking job there well done the color really suits the truck bet you can't wait to drive it are you running the Dana 60 rear end with 4.11 gears just out of interest ? Cheers Bryant B)

More
8 years 4 months ago #165562 by ar110

WA Dodge wrote: ar110 - no I don't have wiring schematic but I used the AT4 manual and also copied a couple of harnesses that I had collected and all where the same. How is yours so different ie what doesn't work?

Nearly every wire is a different colour. The gauge wire cluster has electric water temp. The dash lights are a larger plastic clip in type and they are all the same colour light blue running 1 wire the same colour to the light switch. the light switch only has 6 wires running to it. Wires to the park lights should be Yellow but mine are Light Green, Wires to indicators should be 1 Light Blue and 1 brown but mine are 1 Yellow and 1 White/ Green. Could keep going on but these are just the noticeable differences of many more
The state library has 1 copy of the D5N manual but unfortunately is out on loan until next week but I was hoping to have had this sorted by now.

Mick.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds