Skip to main content

My Dodge D5N Finished....nearly

More
8 years 4 months ago #165612 by Dave_64
Top job, W.A. Dodge!
Any chance you took a few piccys under the bonnet and in the cab?
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: WA Dodge

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165617 by defective
...admittedly Jarrod, I'm thinking of something that will be called upon to pull a load here and there, and if that's the case you could be better off with a 4.11 set ...but possibly not as low as 4.83

More
8 years 4 months ago #165622 by asw120

defective wrote: ...admittedly Jarrod, I'm thinking of something that will be called upon to pull a load here and there, and if that's the case you could be better off with a 4.11 set ...but possibly not as low as 4.83

It's a hard call to make without driving the two back to back. 4.1 with 7.50.16's or the ubiquitous 31.10R15's gives about 2600 revs @ 60 mph, 3.54 works out to about 2250. I find the 4.1 adequate on the highway with the 6-281 and good around town including hills. I must admit I mainly only sit on 80 - 90 K's. Where the D1110 was a bit unpleasant up long, steep hills at 60 K's (3.54, but did pull it OK), the ASW is fine. (4.1) We're talking a hundred odd either side of 1500 revs. I imagine the 360 would take those lower revs in it's stride (ISTBC!)
I guess it all depends on what WADodge has in mind for type of driving.

Cheers, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 4 months ago #165630 by Benz Belle
This is a really great restore and thanks for sharing with us.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165636 by Southbound
Nice job WA Dodge. B) Clearly you have good trade skills, and what it takes to finish a project! ;)
Regarding the ratio change, have you considered an overdrive gearbox? I'm thinking a Toyota 5 speed, or similar...
Cheers Southbound

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165658 by WA Dodge
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes have thought of a gearbox change but again I am old school and the thought of a Toyota gearbox or similar in the Dodge sort of makes me chunder. I guess same as when I see a Chevy engine in a Dodge. Here is a few pics of my engine and bay. I like the black engine bay as not a fan of one colour cars.

Going to finish the licencing this week hopefully. Here is a tip for you all : Don't put the wrong VIN plate on when you go to get it licenced! Then also don't say "oh I must have put the wrong plate on and produce the other one" !!! Anyway all has been verified now that I am actually not running a chop shop, dealing drugs, or selling second hand plates !!!

Makes me laugh now.

[IMG

[IMG

More
8 years 4 months ago #165660 by Dave_64
NEAT!
Can't quite make out that cylindrical looking doover located to the left of the brake booster, wotizit?
What year model, WA Dodge? I recently got hold of a D5N 200 myself, 1978 model, believed to be one of the last assembled.

Love to see these old girls turned out, well done!

Dave

More
8 years 4 months ago #165662 by Mrsmackpaul
AC drier I think that maybe maybe not shut up Paul LOL

seeya

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
8 years 4 months ago #165667 by scratcha
real nice build!
have you thought of throwing on a set of 35's on the rear, will have a similar ratio change to the 3.5 rear ratio and easily swapped back? Id borrow a set from your local 4x4 wreckers to try (patrol club, etc)

Any way, enjoy!

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

More
8 years 4 months ago #165673 by WA Dodge
Dave_64 - well spotted ! It is the washer bottle. I didn't like the big white plastic container that sat on the inner wheel arch so used an aluminium drink bottle and tucked it down there. This is now a 73 model. I also need to replace the coil and lead as that old red one stands out too much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds