Skip to main content

Austin K2 Restoration...Pictures Needed

More
6 years 9 months ago #185164 by Southbound
Great pics thanks and a fantastic shed.
Love the Kelpie and the CB350 :blink:

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #185168 by Mrsmackpaul
2 wheels of terror LOL them motor bikes are only any good for chasing cows on the farm I reckon and that one dont look any good for that :P :P :P

The pooch seems impressed with the new kennel and even the the truck is progressing

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
6 years 9 months ago #185207 by PDU
I see the K2 is still in the old shed though . . .

Looking sweet ;)

More
6 years 9 months ago #185210 by Sarge
Well done. How good is it to walk out to the new shed in all weathers knowing it will be clean dry comfortable to work in. I spend half my time standing there dreaming of all the things i could do in it..... i spoli the dream by doing somthing else though. :sick:

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #185644 by Claire
Can anyone tell me where I could possibly find or get made a pair of rear metal guards, similar to the style as shown in this cropped Google credited picture?

The truck came with the standard Australian flat panel style, but we would like to try and put a nice pair of round ones back on it.....as long as its not tooooo expensive!

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by hayseed. Reason: inserted Pic

More
6 years 9 months ago #185645 by hayseed
Bob, PM me your Email address.
Pretty sure I can help you..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
6 years 9 months ago #185646 by Oilman
Great shed and probably a bit late, but I can highly recommend painting the floor. I built my 14m x 12m shed about 11 years ago and painted the floor then. When I give it a wash, it still looks like 90% of when it was new. It stops a lot of dust, oil and grease just wipes up with a rag. Every couple of years on a stinking hot day I take everything out, wet down the floor, spray it with truck wash from a backpack sprayer, broom it over and then wash out with the pressure washer. Comes up like new, and also forces me to have a good clean up! I did the same with my home garage.

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback

More
6 years 9 months ago #185647 by Claire
Hayseed, PM sent, cheers.

Oilman, we're on the same page, been there and done that before, so made sure it was given 2 coats of good industrial paint before anything set foot in it.....not a cheap project though :-(

More
6 years 9 months ago #185658 by Fill
Hi Claire,
I have seen your name come up on the forum on other peoples posts and on mine where you have made comments. I new you were doing up a truck but hadn't seen your posts in context until tonight . I have read your whole resto I think I got confused because of your comments on other peoples posts and different headings on yours. Anyway you are doing a fantastic job you - should be very proud . I apologise for not commenting earlier.
Keep up the great work
Cheers Fill

More
6 years 9 months ago #185659 by Austin rat
Hi all another hijack I'm after some info on indicators on Austin truck , when did they come as original fitment and if not do they have to be put on
Cheers

Time to create page: 0.489 seconds