Skip to main content

Austin 245F

More
7 years 2 months ago #179498 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Austin 245F
The longer the exhaust the quieter it will be.

If you can go over the axle and use the second muffler I'd do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179508 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Austin 245F
Three sections of pipe made, but not cheap - this is supposed to be a budget build . . . . . . once upon a time I would have bought a cheap car to purloin the exhaust system from it, then made my money back by wrecking the rest! Damn sight easier the way I did it though AND a lot less mess.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179524 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Austin 245F
I find this a foreign concept, I have never(so far) wanted to make an exhaust quieter, my favourite muffler is the hotdog.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179551 by PDU
I went through the noisy phase many years ago with three defect notices to attest to it! Even so I still like a good sound from my exhaust 600Dodge :dry: .
Consequently, when the truck's exhaust self destructed as I removed it, I tried the long hotdog I had on my Commodore V6 powered Triumph (this with cat converter has an acceptable level and mildly rorty note) and tried that on the truck. ;) Even living in a medium size country town like Crystal Brook I would have been stopped for noise level! It was decidedly LOUD. :oops:
A temporary hanging of the Toyota muffler revealed too loose a slip joint from the downpipe (will need opening up a bit before clamping) and the S bend to take the rear pipe over the back axle needs to be lengthened (in the riser section) by about six inches to avoid a cross-member further back on the tray. Damn, missed that one! :blush:
However, even with everything loose it was MUCH quieter and bodes well for when all is tight and the rear muffler goes in as well. Not Rolls Royce quiet mind, but substantially quieter than before.
At least in the cab I can hear the (somewhat noisy) engine again now.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179557 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Austin 245F
Sorry mate, you'll have to speak up I'm deaf you know.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179562 by PDU
Ha, ha, lol :lol: it wasn't funny the first time I went to court, for a speeding offence.
While waiting for my turn I listened to all the other offenders in front of me having their "previous offences" read out - and when it was my turn I thought, no problem, this is my first offence . . .
. . . and then they read out a list of about a dozen or so defect notices! I went from naive innocent to arch criminal in seconds. :woohoo: :blush:
That was the trouble with buying cheapies and using them until the registration ran out. Sad but true. :whistle:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by PDU.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 2 months ago #179563 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Austin 245F
DownUnderPom
Gudday M8

Ifn U B look n for a sweet note
n a chiky puller az well
look no further than a screemer powered beast
the 2 stroke diesel by Detroit/GM etc offers sum sweet muzac

[img

Clikity .......................................................... ClikClikClik

now izn't th@ sweet

YourWelcum

LOL

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179571 by PDU
Yeah, great sound, BUT after about half an hour you would feel like your ears were ready for a break AND that's where something a bit quieter allows you to listen to something more like this:

AND at this stage I'll have to say SORRY cos this lot led on to AC DC, you know, classical stuff that thumps out as you drive. ;)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by PDU.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #179626 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Austin 245F
That Loadstar driver is ultra cool Swishy, and Sorry is a bitchin tune from Aussie history PDU. But, we are on an old truck forum, so SB will bring us back on topic, almost!
No Euro busses in sight too :evil:

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Southbound.

More
7 years 2 months ago #179635 by PDU
Top clip Southbound, seen all the truck movies just about (Duel was the best) and songwise I was always partial to Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this truck around and Bulldog Mack myself - used to get chills down the back of my neck when he gets to the "diesels in stereo" bit. ;)

But in the interests of this forum we'd better keep this to the last one, song wise??? :unsure:

Time to create page: 0.602 seconds