Skip to main content

My new ride

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #173771 by Dean85
My new ride was created by Dean85
Hi guys Dean here thought you might like to see what I just got out of a barn 1952 I think Austin 3t tipper one owner always garaged
Great condition no sure we're to go from here in regards to getting her back on the road any advice would be great ,also have a 65 Austin ex fire truck which I might be selling if any one is keen thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Dean85.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #173772 by Bluey60
Replied by Bluey60 on topic My new ride
Welcome Dean
you lucky beggar I'd say if it goes stops the tyres are ok lights work join a club
get it inspected and onto historic redgo and don't touch it it's bloody beautiful
just as it is

Bluey

More
7 years 8 months ago #173784 by Dean85
Replied by Dean85 on topic My new ride
Thanks mate any idea where I can get a new set of tyres ist got 7.00/20 on the front and 7.50/20 on the back

More
7 years 8 months ago #173788 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic My new ride
Dean, I can't help you with where to Buy your Tyres. As I assume you're in Victoria..
But I'll second what Bluey said..
Just Put it on club Rego & get out & enjoy....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
7 years 8 months ago #173793 by Dean85
Thanks guys I'll try get it on the road and bring it to the display day hope to see you there

More
7 years 8 months ago #173794 by trucksyd
Replied by trucksyd on topic My new ride
looks great !

More
7 years 8 months ago #173796 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic My new ride
I have found that often rural tyre places can find/ source things that city tyre suppliers tell you are not available. You may just need to ring around until you hit the jackpot,

Before you ring around try two of the 7.50 on the front and see if you still have full lock etc. If so then buy them all the same size as then you may get away without a spare as you can always move one of the back rims to the front if required to get you home

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
7 years 8 months ago #173801 by Claire
Replied by Claire on topic My new ride
Hi Dean,

Try this web site: www.antiquetyres.com.au/

They sell Lu HE 700-20 HWY truck style tyres are $293ea – these come with a tube and rustband

I enquired about a set for my Austin a few months ago, anticipating that they would disintegrate when I removed them form the rims for blasting, but they ended up all being refitted and usable again, so never bought the new ones.

They might seem expensive, but the are the only 700-20 that you will find in Australia, but I think you may find more variety in the 750-20 if they will fit all round.

Hope that helps

More
7 years 8 months ago #173802 by Dean85
Thanks bud I'll get on to them and get some tyres sorted , another question should the battery be positive earth (thats how I got it ) if so would that mean the coil should also be positive earth done new plugs and coil still can't get the old girl to fire turn sover fine my next Step was to get new points and dizzy cap with leads and rotor button any help much apreiated

More
7 years 8 months ago #173804 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic My new ride
Think I've got some info on one of these, I'll have a look

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds