Skip to main content

1971 White 7564TD

More
6 years 2 months ago #191419 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1971 White 7564TD

hayseed wrote: Jarrod, Does It have a Horton Fan Clutch ??

It has an air clutch of some sort. I guess one sender could be for that, I didn't think of that. That possibly accounts for all of them.
One low water, one fan clutch, one gauge, one temp light.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #191420 by asw120

JOHN.K. wrote: The big risk with Whites is the alloy front engine mount crossmember.....very often broken.......you could get locally made steel plate replacements....Some also had alloy crossmembers all along the chassis........The vietniks next to my yard at Willawong bought one from a farmer,and when it went for annual inspection,the front crossmember was missing....the GM was only supported at the back......just the alloy ends left in the chassis.........some Whites had complete ally chassis.

This one has been completely rebuilt on a Road Commander chassis. It has all sorts of (nicely) improvised extra - heavy - duty bits all over it. I will check it, though, thanks.

Jarrod.

PS: I still intend to get that AB110 chassis from you.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 2 months ago #191421 by asw120

steveb wrote: Expect to see this truck at Maffra in November....24-25th ....No excuses !!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I got excuses! Mainly I overcooked the finances buying it, but I absolutely want to do that. Was thinking next year, though. I had to make some expensive promises, also :)

I've started saving up by putting a bit of fuel in it every week, or so. Keep on my back, it will happen. When does the White muster happen? That's down there, right?

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 2 months ago #191422 by asw120

Fill wrote: I had a look at your International tractor last night for the first time.I read it from start to finish.Well done a great read and great pictures. I am looking forward to seeing what ever you are going to do with the White. Cheers Fill

Thanks Fill, glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, folks. After a busy period with family things, I'm hoping to get it out on some runs soon.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 1 month ago #192133 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic 1971 White 7564TD
Back switch with the 2 wires is for the Horton fan clutch, should be a normally closed one. The one with one wire is the temperature gauge.

More
6 years 1 month ago #192135 by asw120
Thanks. I note the switch marked "instrument lights" also brings it in!
I finally got to take it for a spin this past weekend after being bogged for the last week (twice!) The jack kept getting a vacuum lock, the porta power crapped itself, not fun! Gunned it across the yard in case it went down again. Good thing you don't need the clutch in low range.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 1 month ago #192144 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 1971 White 7564TD
JMan

Now u're gorn n dirtyied them thar STRONGBACK mud flaps

cya

§

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 1 month ago #192146 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic 1971 White 7564TD
I'll bet the Missus wasn't too happy about the yard.

I know i"d get hot tongue and cold shoulder for days.

More
6 years 1 month ago #192175 by asw120
The mudflaps are dirty and bent! Something for this weekend...

The missus hardly ever goes out the back (4 acres), lucky for me. She rolls her eyes that I even have this old stuff.....

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 1 month ago #192188 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 1971 White 7564TD
I reckon you need to invest in a couple of loads of crushed concrete,before her indoors puts the foot down.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds