Skip to main content

the c line resto

More
11 years 1 month ago #94257 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
Busy times and it just seems like one problem after the other :'( each one a little more annoying then the last!
Got the balance pipe and extra mufflers in sounds great still loud but better. ;) put the new oil seals in the gearbox and diff went for a drive nearly hit the 2 biggest roos in the country at 2.30pm ... Big brake lock up just missed them :o got back look under it
No oil leaks :) :)
Time to bang her under the trailer we were worried about the turntable not being high enough to clear the guards... But jobs right no probs :-? Untill you turn yep she is gonna hit so first thing tomorrow turntable off to be lifted 25 mm and moves back 150mm here's some pics

I like the white with the green :) :)

Old school

Even had me sticker chick on the job

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #94258 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: the c line resto
Hi Mate, if you move that turntable to back in line with the centre of the axle you might get away with out lifting it up. Ya gotta be happy witrh it anyway.

11 years 1 month ago #94259 by
Replied by on topic Re: the c line resto
V8IN

Love the combo all together. Bet your one happy chappie now she's nearly finished.

Your old school picture is nearly perfect, next time move the 4x4 out of the background. LOL

Trevor

More
11 years 1 month ago #94260 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Re: the c line resto
Whoever welded the flange on the crossover pipe needs to be banned from welding, especially on a project as neat as this.

More
11 years 1 month ago #94261 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: the c line resto
That is one very neat looking unit, and will be high on my "must see" list when we get to Mudgee. The postings and viewing of your resto must be well up in the all time listings, testament to a great read. Cheers

More
11 years 1 month ago #94262 by v8 inter nut

Whoever welded the flange on the crossover pipe needs to be banned from welding, especially on a project as neat as this.

easy up i had to weld it up i dont do much welding as you can see.. :-[ these welds are a bit better

More
11 years 1 month ago #94263 by dependable diesel
v8 its all looking very nice you have to be happy with the end result well done to you and the team hope to catch up with you and the truck at Mudgee.

if the shoe fits wear it!!

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #94264 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: the c line resto
Shes coming up a treat Ol Mate!

Thanks for taking the time to show us through your resto, each step of the way.
Especially the bits that didn't quite go to plan and required an extra yard or two to make it just right...

Its not always plain sailing, sometimes things test the patience and the wit, more than just a little.
As i am sure many of us have found....more often than not, the hard way.

Again Mate..Top Job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Appreciate the effort you have put in..on and off the camera.
Almost time to sit back and enjoy it..

Thank you again..

regards
chocs 8-)

11 years 1 month ago #94265 by
Replied by on topic Re: the c line resto
Got to agree with all the positive responses :) :), and its always good to have something for someone to complain about just like my phillips head screws :D :D.

Now that V8IN is just about finished who is going to step up and take the bat and ball for the next full resto.

Trevor

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #94266 by v8 inter nut
Thanks for the comments she's almost there. Still have sign writing, front bumper straighten stacks and about 100 more little jobs to do. Good news the trailer now fits no probs. Thats all for the photos untill we head off next to mudgee next thursday, that's if I make it to canowindra on Sunday. Maybe one more for all of you ;D

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by v8 inter nut.

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds