Skip to main content

the c line resto

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #93807 by v8 inter nut
After cleaning up the dodge and selling it I final have the room and funds to do up the pride of the fleet my c line prime mover with 210 cummins that has been in waiting. The plan is to have it and a trailer done by April for the national rally at mudgee and maybe the Hume the following weekend. It was driven into the shed today and the turntable, lights, bullbar, doors, bonnet and front clip was removed. The motor will stay in for now and just get the once over the cab will get a full 2pak respray, brakes a full overhaul and a new interior will also go in. I'm still toying with the idea of putting a roadranger 10speed in, any info or thoughts would be appreciated. Here are some pictures. I will keep updating as I go along.

So far I havnt found any nasty surprises or rust all looks good
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by v8 inter nut.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93808 by 700GMRR
Replied by 700GMRR on topic Re: the c line resto
nice truck, you sure dont muck around v8 inter

straight rust free cab is like winning lotto, look forward to watching this project

More
11 years 7 months ago #93809 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
things have got serious at the workshop the last few nights

engine and box out tomorrow night

More
11 years 7 months ago #93810 by cam081
Replied by cam081 on topic Re: the c line resto
i will be keen to see how you gat on and to see it finnished at the rally next year.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93811 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: the c line resto
yep pulling them apart - thats the easy part ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

keep em coming ;)

More
11 years 7 months ago #93812 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: the c line resto
Mate, your keen. Good one, keep us posted.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93813 by v8 inter nut
I wasnt going to go this far with it but I figured if you take the train to central station you don't hop off at parramatta ;D
The gearbox swap is happening and a 10speed 510 road ranger has been sourced along with a 5.57 diff ratio so with a rough calculation with 11r 22.5 tyres she will sit at 100klms an hour at 2700rpm ;)

More
11 years 7 months ago #93814 by philip
Replied by philip on topic Re: the c line resto
ul need a 610 overdrive old mate. And if u wana go fast a green engine a swishy. ul need a single speed diff about 4.3 and convert the thing to full air if ur serious. if ur gunna go u have to stop.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93815 by v8 inter nut
Thanks for the Input Phillip it was the pics of your dodge and the detail you have put in that has made me go all out with mine it's an absolute credit to you :) but 510 direct drive an 2 speed diff is the choice I've made. I only need it to do 90 and want to keep it as original as possible as it is not every day you see a factory fitted v8 cummins in a c line. A finely tuned v8 cummins will rev to 3300 if need be so if I have to push it a bit to keep up with oil stained gms out there I will ;D

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #93816 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: the c line resto
i can only say that i dont know a lot about road rangers , but i was telling a gearbox bloke that i had a 510 in a old diamont t i have here , and he just cringed and rolled his eyes ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) he said that the little bugers were hard to get parts for and a bit on the costly side............. so in a word of wisdom if this is true ......if you got the 510 cheap all is good , but if you need to fork out a bit of cash for it might be better to get up into the 600 series
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by melonreo.

Time to create page: 0.671 seconds