Skip to main content

the c line resto

More
11 years 6 months ago #93857 by excav8
Replied by excav8 on topic Re: the c line resto
if that green looks that good in a pic,it must be f*&%in sexy in real life . Cant wait to see it thrown ova the cab.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #93858 by v8 inter nut
Replied by v8 inter nut on topic Re: the c line resto
:P

V8-maaate,

you got that hummin cummins sitting' up on its stand yet????
chassis is all lookin' good,but don't wait till d day before you fire that little sucker up.

newto

Sent you a pm its ready when you are ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #93859 by overthetop
Replied by overthetop on topic Re: the c line resto
Hi v8 inter nut, Your work looks really good, In one of your early photos of the chassis in primer you have a photo of a front hanger did you use a "seam sealer" in these areas?

More
11 years 6 months ago #93860 by v8 inter nut
No seam sealer just black etch primer and some high fill primer then a rub down with 600 grit and 2pak

More
11 years 6 months ago #93861 by trucksyd
Replied by trucksyd on topic Re: the c line resto
:)those spider hubs are going to look tops with the chrome rims! :D

More
11 years 6 months ago #93862 by v8 inter nut
:'( :'( :'(
operation tubeless rims is a fail here is why
1st thing was i had to machine down this area (see 1st pic) which sounds bad but the rim mounts where the paint still is on the angle bit so it wont effect it and it was only a very small amount. this was all just to clear this bit (see 2nd pic)

so once that was done the rim slid on nicely :)

thats when i hit my next problem :'(

yep it hits on the tie rod i used 7.5 inch wide wheels like the others that i spoke to have used but it still hits!
any suggestions??? :-/ :-/

11 years 6 months ago #93863 by
Replied by on topic Re: the c line resto
Hey mate,
Can you get a spacer made to offset the tie rod ends so they dont hit,and use the old split rims which were meant for those lugs? Maybe powdercoat them "chrome"

I really like the colour you have painted it,just glad you didn't put a dirty screemin green oil leaker in it!! ;D

Cheer's Jim

More
11 years 6 months ago #93864 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: the c line resto
you might be lucky enough to find a steering arm ( the arm at the bottom of the stub axel ) that is a bit shorter or with a bit more kink in it , maybe look on your parts truck ,but the arm might not be aheavy , most people ive talked to with tubless on front go for a offset in the rim which makes it look like a super single .

ole mate from forbes had a green inter @dubbo show , i saw his truck at burcher tractor pull ,i am sure it had tubeless on the front, i forget his first name but his last name was Pout, he had pouts transport in forbes , if you can track him down , he might have an answer for you

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #93865 by Dodge fred
Replied by Dodge fred on topic Re: the c line resto
Just tried 22.5 X 8.25 on the front of the old mans D 1910 and they fitted with heaps of room. His hubs look the same as yours but are different, i will get a photo later.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Dodge fred.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #93866 by v8 inter nut
thanks for the fast response there fellas. the c1500 parts truck is completly different so that wont work as are the d line hubs. i bought a truck of pout at forbes and gave him a ring his rims fitted very close fit so mine might be slightly different. i will have a look at taking a few mm off the lip of the rim and see how that goes :-/
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by v8 inter nut.

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds