Skip to main content

New owner of Ford Trader K500 1966 - new to forum

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114407 by mjkohler
Dang I aint quite got the hang of that uploading yet.
My neighbour is a panel beater and spraypainter. He's coming over to give some advice on stopping further deterioration.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114408 by mjkohler

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114409 by mjkohler
Hey is this website set up in Australia?
The back of the truck has a house truck built on it. My plan is to rebuild it.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114410 by mjkohler
I am in N. Z. In a semi remote area. Nice mountain between me and civilization to practice cornering and up and downhill. Lol. Vehicle not currently registered. Truck runs well (hearsay). But I definitely need to know what I am working with of I am to take something thisold on road. :-)

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #114411 by
Hi MJK,
If you tell us your first name , we could use it and things would seem a bit more friendly ?

So.. I am Roland.

You are in a remote area of NZ, with a '66 Ford.

I am even more remote than you in a strange place called England UK, on the other side of this planet, and I have an as New operators manual for your truck :)

The truck looks really good, and has obviously not had a hard life ?

I can see no reason why you should not be able to get this beauty back on the road.
It needs some time and money spent on it to preserve it, and you will probably need some help.
All I can do to help, is stick to my offer and send you the manual.
I would not recommend you putting your address out here in public, so please use the PM facility, to send me a postal address where you could receive the manual, and I will post it off. :)

If you are not sure about 'Private Messaging', go to members list at top of this page, or click my name at left of this post. I am at bottom of first page of list. You will see option to send private message, or you can email me.

Good luck with your project.

Cheers
RS :)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114412 by Bugly

Hey is this website set up in Australia?

Lets just say that most of the members live in Australia, but many others come from all over ... the UK, the Middle East, Far East, North, South and West. Quite a few from NZ, and a recent member from Iceland. So welcome to the multinational forum!! :-*

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114413 by mjkohler
Many thanks to all for your encouragement. Your willingness to provide information and share your knowledge is very much appreciated.

I have a question regarding braking. So as not to find myself in the guttering of the road of a T intersection. :-)

The truck has a pedal brake. It has 5 gears and a splitter. Are these the sum of items available to slow the truck down?

The gentleman tetra whom I look after mentioned that some trucks have a system of rear braking? However I am presuming that foot brake and gear shifting would be what I am working with.

Melinda

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114414 by ray
G'day Melinda,
The brake pedal will work both front and rear brakes and handbrake will operate on rear wheels only. I was always taught not to use the gearbox to slow down as brakes are cheaper and easier to replace than gearboxes and clutches.

11 years 2 weeks ago #114415 by
Hi Melinda
The truck will have brakes to all wheels, operated by the foot pedal.
It will also have to the right side of the steering wheel, a hand operated parking brake for use only when the vehicle is standing still.
Wait till you get the manual, which will explain much to you.
Then ask any further questions.
There are many helpful people on the forum who will be keen to help a 'Lady Trucker'.
There are many members in NZ.

Cheers
RS :)

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #114416 by mjkohler
I shall patiently await. :-)

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds