Skip to main content

Where are you Slospeed

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #139104 by Mairjimmy
My Thought, only financial members can actually post a comment. No pay, No say. :-/
Gilly [/quote]

That would not be the answer as there is not enough HCVC members on the forum to kept the forum alive. Its been one lively night :-? :-?
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Mairjimmy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139105 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
People come and go.
As Swishy has acuratly pionted out, it is a public forum.
There is a little bit of shite slinging goes on, but I think the moderators keep it under control.
We don, t actually like to have to step in and moderate.
While it may be easy to just hit the delete icon on Facebook we always actually moderate.
I have only deleted one member who was more than rude.
The moderators actually often spend or waste depending how you look at it, a lot of time when an issue arises.

Forum members delete thier own accounts here, it is thier chioce.
if you feel like making a statement just delete yourself.
If you are feeling dis enchanted, well you can just give the forum a break for a bit.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #139106 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
We are a diverse bunch with one thing in common - old trucks. For most people this is one of many interests.

The forum started as an HCVCA Club site then opened to all as a way of encouraging the movement. To that extent it has worked.

HCVCA is the Historic Commercial Vehicle Club of Australia and includes utes, vans, taxis, busses, emergency vehicles and tractors as well as old trucks in its member's collections.

Not everyone in the club (or on the forum) is or was a truck driver. Often people have other interests as well and the old truck provides a useful way of carting their stationary engines, tractors, boats, race cars or hot rods around.

As it was explained to me when I joined the club a restored taxi would be considered a commercial vehicle but a sales reps car would not.

Some people roll their eyes at club meetings when someone discusses the restoration of an old 4wd, ute or tractor.

Those same people feel this site should be about old trucks or old truckies only and events only. While that is the prime focus of the site we have provided an area where people with an interest in most of these other old things can be discussed and those not interested don't need to look at it.

However some people still choose to rant about not having that area on the forum as it is a 'truck club' conveniently forgetting the actual club makeup which is something the moderators have to keep in mind.

If this site was limited to old truckies with old trucks you would end up with about 10% of the active members and a lot of the useful information would be lost.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by bparo.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139107 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
Guys

I may be wrong - but I think when anyone 'votes' with their feet - they rarely effect anyone else but themselves.

All seems very sad - loosing great contributors for no apparent/rational reason!

If its a 'forum' related issue bugging someone - then have the fortitude to say so.

Sorry - but I belong to a generation that learnt to take a tea spoon full of cement with their morning coffee - when things got a bit tough.

Could it just be that time of the month? Or the current full moon maybe?

So come on guys - get back on board and show us what youre made of?? That will save everyone coming to their own conclusions.

Oldfulla

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
10 years 1 month ago #139108 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
Mr Moderator (s) etc
please do not remove or lock this thread
as there is plenty of learning for all
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
10 years 1 month ago #139109 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
We only lock them when they go haywire and someone or lots of someones are getting upset Swishy.

It's nothing to do with weather we agree or not and no one is stirring up any shite.

I can't see this upsetting too many at the moment, looks like the ones who are upset have left.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139110 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
Its all very interesting in that when you go to say facebook and in the truck sections there are photos of all sorts of stuff that would not be acceptable and of topics rantings that under the forum members eyes would not be acceptable but chose not let it worry them there.
Yet on those other sites it causes no offence there Also their is bad language as in swearing but no-one seems to be offended
Here if you slander some one it has a stop put on it which is what people expect
We all have moments that we say thats crap or I don't like that but you chose not to view that topic as do I with things that are of no interest to myself.
As for getting pulled up for being of topic a bit my op-ion is that slight tangents can be good
Anyway Trev gone he may come back but we live in a free country and thats his choice and there has been others.

• Topic Author
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #139111 by
Replied by on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
People come and people go. Cant stop this happening.

Also no matter what you do cant make everyone happy at the same time. we are all individuals.

As for the differences between this forum and other forums or even facebook. This forum is a public forum so any one can read it. And it is the HCVC forum. So anything that could reflect badly on the HCVC by allowing a post to be illegal or inappropriate can't be allowed. At the least we could lose this forum or at worst the HCVC could get into big trouble. Something none of us I'm sure would want to occur.

Many of the facebook sites and other personal created forums don't have this to consider so can allow things that we simply cant. Especially if they are closed groups then they can simply do what they like.

And add or remove who they want to the group without being answerable to anyone.

More
10 years 1 month ago #139112 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Where are you Slospeed
In a nutshell, the democracy and thus responsibilities of this forum compared to the dictatorship of a facebook group. ;)

More
10 years 1 month ago #139113 by GRINNIN BIG

People skills Jimbo ;) ;)

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds