Skip to main content

Mack ......... nothing but M A C K pix

More
7 years 4 months ago #177521 by mammoth
Probably more about getting high pressure for high rise buildings that volume, just guessing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #177532 by jeffo
Memory might be fading but I seem to remember reading the specs on this thing way back in the early 70's.
Napier Deltic power and the pump could be configured to pump high volume or high pressure, specifically for high rise use.
Napier at the time had an unpredictable future so complete spare engines were kept "just in case".
Pump fed from multiple hydrants or via a fleet of smaller appliances drawing from the river, would be a bit of a mission to set it up ready to go, I think.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #178281 by DoubleTank

Swishy wrote: Tank
Gudday M8
Gr8 pix
Keep m cummin
Wot B the Specs on the ol 'R' model?
thanx in advance
Cya

R688 RST, Was delivered to Mack Trucks Adelaide but hadn't been pre-sold, was born as a E6 350 (2v?) 9 Speed Mack box, 5.02 on 38,000 double chassis rail. Rated at 65t.
First owner Joe Cerone, predelivery by Daryl Phelps, and the diffs were changed to 4.64's in pre delivery. Was traded after 9 months on an Ultraliner, then purchased by Ian Westlake of Gawler Bulk.
We purchased it in June 2001, by which stage it was running an E6 350 4v crate motor, and an 18 speed. My eldest son later changed the back end to 5.02's on 44,000 and rerated to 80t.
We operate at harvest time as both a type 2 M.A.D. ( www.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/000...3/MAD-fact-sheet.pdf ) at 63.5t on B Double routes and as a 25 mtr Road train ( www.nhvr.gov.au/files/c2016g01654-sa-cla...isation-2017-no1.pdf ) to selected recieval sites, 72.7t. We have a road train commodity route into some of our property.

Lead trailer is a bogie Freightmaster (Frightmaster!). Dog is a Fruehauf dolly with a modified Alcan T.O.A (ex Coal NSW). Occasionally used up bush as either a single or a double with a single deck stock crate and drop deck (pictured).

Near Ernabella, Northern SA. (Phone reception not great...)

On the old Stuart highway, near Pootnoura, where the old highway crosses the "New" railway line, and also the new highway. On Mount Willoughby Station.

Post Rear End changeover. Yes it does need painting, we have many mechanics in the family, no painters.

As it was with Gawler Bulk.

Having technical difficulties uploading pictures of our tipper setup of acceptable quality.

Photo Credit J Button.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by DoubleTank.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178284 by Mrsmackpaul
cool stuff Mr Tank man tough old jigger you have there

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 3 months ago #178286 by Eddy
Pup looks a bit ... concerned ... :lol:

Swishy wrote:

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 3 months ago #178288 by Swishy
Eddy
Gudday m8
U'd B concerned to
az U need to watch u're rear az them thar poofter wanker swedes cum n up B hind U
:woohoo: :lol: ;) :lol: :woohoo:
cya
ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
7 years 3 months ago #178293 by d23j
Double Tank, any photos of the engine bay with the 4v motor?

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #178491 by Tatra
Not the US - this is the road to Jerusalem sometimes in the early 70s, it does snow up there but that's quite heavy for Israel. Lots of frozen Coca Cola bottles I bet. Coca Cola Israel used exclusively Mack products for many years but now changed to Ovlovs (no Mack COEs anymore). F700 is locally assembled, as are the Dodge pick ups and the Leyland Royal Tigers in the background. Peugeot 404s were very popular in Israel back then too. Small economy sedan is an Israeli made Susita with GRP body, Reliant designed chassis and Ford drivetrain.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Tatra.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #178572 by DoubleTank

d23j wrote: Double Tank, any photos of the engine bay with the 4v motor?

As requested.
This is how it would look if it hadn't been cleaned in a while.

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by DoubleTank.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 2 months ago #179085 by Swishy
Jist 4 U ..... die hard mack fanz

Bulldog Magazine (U.S. v:)

[img

Clikity ................................ClikClikClik

(Clik n wait for Mag to download (30 seconds 4 me))

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds