Mack ......... nothing but M A C K pix

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 3 months ago #165996 by Swishy
Gr8 Pix Guyz

Keep m Cummin

NTC Cummins 350 SC, Mack Quadraplex 5 speed, TRQ7220 4 speed, Mack SWS571C, 5.13 ratio

This truck was ordered with a lot of chrome for the time. It has Budd wheels in front and Dayton wheels in the rear. Both are 10:00- 22. It has dual Grover air horns ordered as an extra. It has an air lock power divider. It???s wheelbase is 207 inches. It has polished stainless steel shutters and a Bostrom ???Levelair??? air ride driver???s seat. History This truck was ordered by Serna Trucking, a large trucking outfit in Albuquerque, NM. It was intended to have a 10 yard dump box mounted on it and pull a pup with a pintle hook. Serna was a boom and bust outfit and it appears they cancelled the order at about the time the truck arrived at the dealer, Springer Mack in Albuquerque. It had been ordered in Serna???s turquoise blue on white colors. It was reconfigured as a fifth wheel tractor, repainted white and sold to Lamoreux Construction. I am friend???s with Mr. Lamoreux???s nephew who told me much of the truck???s history. Mr. Lamoreux only had the truck about three years using it to pull a lowboy to move equipment and construction supplies. He retired at this point and his nephew went to work for Davis and Associates Construction and talked them into buying the truck and lowboy to move their crane and supplies. It stayed there until 2000 and was sold to a steel fab company who did not know how to take care of trucks. They ran it for 1 to 2 years occasionally and when they were red tagged by DOT had it towed to their yard and decided to sell it. I bought around 2003 intending to part it out, but when driving it home found that even though it looked rough, it was tight and ran well. So I restored it. It only has 167,000 miles on it.

Check out this photo of the 1985 Mack Magnum at the 2012 Great West Truck Show.

Got me sum choooferz

Mack Tri ( Not Lazy but a pusher)

Based in Bronx, New York for decades, the heavy hauling firm of Gerosa is legendary and was a familiar site with the Italian flag colors on their trucks. Originally designed for off road hauling in mines and quarries, the Mack M series later became a popular heavy haulage prime mover, especially the tandem axle models like this one owned by Gerosa.

(not much Mack in thiz n)

Custom Mack Super-Liner unveiled for Sultan of Johor

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #166078 by Tatra
Yes it must have "foreign" mechanicals but I like it and what's on the trailer, I'd have this combo in a shot.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #166095 by Swishy
2nd attempt

Gryphon now sez we can bung up pix strait from our hardrive

2nd try

cya

EDIT

Jist clik on Attachment pic

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Swishy.

More
8 years 3 months ago #166096 by hayseed
Swishy, if you want the Pic in your Post Click on "insert" other wise it stays as an Attachment..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Attachments:

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #166097 by Swishy
Ta Seed
Tried th@ 1st
n it evaporated
me posted the same time MRS remarked about Screemer powerd Macks n hiz evaporated 2

LOL
cya

More
8 years 3 months ago #166099 by Mrsmackpaul

Swishy wrote: Gr8 Pix Guyz

Keep m Cummin

NTC Cummins 350 SC, Mack Quadraplex 5 speed, TRQ7220 4 speed, Mack SWS571C, 5.13 ratio

This truck was ordered with a lot of chrome for the time. It has Budd wheels in front and Dayton wheels in the rear. Both are 10:00- 22. It has dual Grover air horns ordered as an extra. It has an air lock power divider. It???s wheelbase is 207 inches. It has polished stainless steel shutters and a Bostrom ???Levelair??? air ride driver???s seat. History This truck was ordered by Serna Trucking, a large trucking outfit in Albuquerque, NM. It was intended to have a 10 yard dump box mounted on it and pull a pup with a pintle hook. Serna was a boom and bust outfit and it appears they cancelled the order at about the time the truck arrived at the dealer, Springer Mack in Albuquerque. It had been ordered in Serna???s turquoise blue on white colors. It was reconfigured as a fifth wheel tractor, repainted white and sold to Lamoreux Construction. I am friend???s with Mr. Lamoreux???s nephew who told me much of the truck???s history. Mr. Lamoreux only had the truck about three years using it to pull a lowboy to move equipment and construction supplies. He retired at this point and his nephew went to work for Davis and Associates Construction and talked them into buying the truck and lowboy to move their crane and supplies. It stayed there until 2000 and was sold to a steel fab company who did not know how to take care of trucks. They ran it for 1 to 2 years occasionally and when they were red tagged by DOT had it towed to their yard and decided to sell it. I bought around 2003 intending to part it out, but when driving it home found that even though it looked rough, it was tight and ran well. So I restored it. It only has 167,000 miles on it.

Swishy who did this info come from great looking truck I gather the story only relates to the above hot rod ??

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 3 months ago #166100 by Mrsmackpaul
Tatra thats a pretty flash looking ute would like that in my garage very cool

Paul

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #166101 by Swishy
Mrs
Gudday M8

the werds were for Dave only
az he likes .......... n can read all them big words
LOL
Twaz pirated from the ATHS truck sho fotos

right about here
truckshowphotos.aths.org/OnlineDivShow/W...eft_front_large.html

on other subject
did U put a reply above the same time I tried to bung up a pic @ 11:50 today
about us n Screemer powed Macks?
Coz your post seems to evaporated also

Thanx in advance

cya

More
8 years 3 months ago #166102 by Mrsmackpaul
thanks Swishy for reply nah I didnt whack up a reply then but did back on page 4 or 5 I think about NR ?????? may have that all wrong that you put up

Paul

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #166103 by Swishy
Yes Mrs
wen I hit PREVIEW
It also had a reply from U from page 6 (we now on Page 7)
must B a small glitch in the system

LOL

cya

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds