Skip to main content

LTL research

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #168850 by markV
Replied by markV on topic LTL research
Hi there Wrongway, yes many people seem to have a liking for Louisvilles in their time. Just have a look at older posts in this forum about Louis'. Many love to slag off at them but many got their start behind the wheel of one and many a fleet had them as their backbone. I'm sure there was flasher machinery available but as value for money at the time they obviously stacked up well and as we see, many are still on the go today.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #169125 by Wrongway
Replied by Wrongway on topic LTL research
Thinking back on it, an L series day cab 3208, 2 spd diff with 38 foot bogie trailer was my first encounter with driving a semi, straight off the farm the old girl was, and she wasn't flash took me all night to get anywhere but i didn't give a damn I thought that jigga was tthe ducks :woohoo: , over the next 30 odd years i steered a lot of different lorrys most were largely forgettable a couple I still reminisce about and that would be the LTL, and a awsome SAR, and T601 that were licence shredders lol.

Had a bit of a look around there is a couple of LTL's for sale on here priced from hmmm interesting, to tell him he's dreamin mate, good luck
www.justauto.com.au/justtrucks/

More
8 years 1 week ago #169310 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic LTL research
Saw this on a Facebook group.
1989 ford ltl
$22,000
North Shore, Victoria, Australia
For sale 1989 ford Ltl 900 400 air to air 13spd Hendrickson 2 Spring 45t rated quad tanks 36"high top maroon Kentucky trim mr bullbar cool truck with history bought it to make into a project truck jus to nice of a truck to chop up..in the workshop now doing rear main seal very original truck inside and out with really nice paint for age
Asking 22k call Justin 0418 821231 or 03 52755500

Attachments:

More
8 years 1 week ago #169311 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic LTL research
Originally a Comet subby ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
8 years 2 days ago #169482 by lorryoligist
Replied by lorryoligist on topic LTL research
Hi to all , iv been of the site for some time.Glad to be back....
I bought a LN9000 In 1980 903/10
this truck was the reason I survived it the industry,,It cost me oil changes and hot sets and tyres ,fuel and very little more,,,,I was the one that started the single drive roadtraining in WEST Aus after many visits to the main road dep to lobby them ,,, took 6months but I eventuly got the permit,,,,,Grace brothers beat me on the road as I had to build a dolly between trips but at least I got what I needed...
This truck was a money spinner for me,,,
I Bought a LTL in 1985 and again was a gem for no real downtime I had the LTL for 16 years and then retired, so I have nothing but admeration for the Ford Badge

peter

More
8 years 1 day ago #169510 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic LTL research
Welcome back LorryO.... cant quite make out the picture of you truck here..... I will kepp looking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and I just searched Mrd Google, not a single drive pic anywhere....

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
8 years 1 day ago #169537 by lorryoligist
no there is'n't any at the moment but will try and find some pictures soon

peter

More
8 years 1 day ago #169543 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic LTL research
I'd be interested to see them Mate, I've got an LN 9000, about a 77 model and I've just sold an LTL.

lorryoligist wrote: no there is'n't any at the moment but will try and find some pictures soon

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #169808 by lorryoligist
Hi I owned a ln9000 for 5 years and a LTL for 16 years
I road trained thou out WA with both of these trucks...on some of the worse roads you can imagine
the LN9000 did brake a bonnet hing but I had no trouble with the LTL ...no crakes on bonnet
the grill slats are quite week ;;;
I had no rust but I did soak in fishaleen when I bought the truck new ( they do have a rust problem)
the cab on mine was good even after @ least 2 million km and still was when I retired in 2001''
I would recommend a ford to any one Pitty they no longer made
Scotch Whiskey was the best invention
fishaleen was the next
Peter

peter
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by lorryoligist.

More
7 years 11 months ago #169815 by Crashbox
Replied by Crashbox on topic LTL research
Louies were a good honest workhorse - for the main.
Drove a cpl of LTLs, funny looks running the Hume and Pacific in a ex Luya Julius logging truck carting general.
The other one had a bunk, and no rack behind the cab :whistle: !
Good times :).

Enjoy life. It has an expiry date!!

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds