Skip to main content

Engine Swap

More
7 years 11 months ago #169944 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Engine Swap
I would presume it is, being a shorter block. Still not far enough back to get the sump behind the diff. I don't know where the Inter 6 is supported, front engine mounts vary from right under the timing cover to halfway back along the engine according to manufacturer's design of the particular application. It is entirely possible you may have to shift the mounts forward for the 245. You have the vehicle and your new engine - not hard to get a pretty accurate measurement of where everything lies.

Lang

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #169981 by spinnerboy
Replied by spinnerboy on topic Engine Swap
I have a D1310 4 x 4 with Dodge 318 V8 truck motor in it, rear mounts were via the bell housing and matched existing cross member, Dodge uses front mount on timing case similar to IH 345. It was a simple fabrication to make an extension off the front cross member to match.
I'm in NSW and the RTA ( RMS ) would not allow the 345 without engineering because capacity exceeded the original 281 6 cylinder by more than their percentage allowance. Yet the Dodge 318 was inside that so no problems, just had the Blue Slip done without any issues at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds