Skip to main content

What model Kenworth?

More
14 years 4 months ago #20387 by cemeNTepede
I say again..........

;) R/

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #20388 by Roland Holder
It definately was a cummins powered version from memory.

Here is another shot.

Cheers

Roland Holder

More
14 years 4 months ago #20389 by Cunning Stunt
I'm pretty sure that there is one identical in the Birdwood museum set up as a triple roadtrain

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 4 months ago #20390 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: What model Kenworth?

It definately was a cummins powered version from memory.

What it is to be young! When you get to my age you can't be definite about anything from memory ;D ;D ;D

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #20391 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: What model Kenworth?

I'm pretty sure that there is one identical in the Birdwood museum set up as a triple roadtrain

this one was there in March 2009. Is it the one you are talking about

I have loaded the truck photos to www.flickr.com/photos/bparo2003/sets/72157623011576741/

and have photos of other vehicles (such as Twiggy's lime green Ferrari) to add when I can get some decent response time

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by bparo.

14 years 4 months ago #20392 by
Replied by on topic Re: What model Kenworth?
Rufo,
Those pics must have been taken when you camp at the rock and I remember there was a servo there too those were the days . Dave

More
14 years 3 months ago #20393 by Rob365
Replied by Rob365 on topic Re: What model Kenworth?
There's a W925? that looks like these listed for sale on truckhub again for about $44,000 - A bit dear for one?. Looks to be same profile cab and guards yet later model sleeper has been fitted. Nice looking machine anyway.

Cheers
Rob

More
14 years 3 months ago #20394 by Rob365
Replied by Rob365 on topic Re: What model Kenworth?
By the way, do check out the pics that Swishy kindly supplied regarding the Fleetxpress Kenworths' of similar vintage.

NOt sure how to link it with this thread, but it's in this general section and subject was "Where are these trucks now - Fleetxpress"

Cheers

More
14 years 3 months ago #20395 by xnortherntport
The 3 kenworth of northern transport in the photo were all new when they got them. 1x had a 335 cummins on a torson bar suspention & the other 2 had 250 cummins on a six rod in them & all 3 had 5x4 gear boxes .
The 2 x 250s had all steel guards and made in the states , the 335 had fiberglass guards and made in australia. that truck is at the BIRDWOOD Museum.
The t/bar truck had the lower door handels on it & built after 1972.

The TANAMI truck had the GM in it with a 13 speed, it is still in good nik in S.A with a 400 cummins in it with a 20 speed spicer g/box. (still going)

The FREIGHT BROKER truck was ordered for petrocarb but never got it , that had a 375 cummins in it with a 13 speed. the truck was called "minasota fats (how ever you spell it).

RUFUSS you are on the right track .
The trucks were LW MODELS and about 20 were made.
(i think) well i hope some of this may help you.
xnortherntport

More
14 years 3 months ago #20396 by Cunning Stunt
Hi XNT

Thanks for the info. They must have been an awesome machine in their day. Were you a driver for them??

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds