Skip to main content

simons v12 cabovers

More
9 years 6 months ago #148848 by theroadbossman
Some of them ex-Cummins fella's get touchy and jealous about "our" leakers.
Honestly, wot other donk will send you deaf, put black boogers in your nose, put oil on your feet (and about everywhere else too), and still put a smile on yer dial? ;D

On Silverwater Road at 4:00 this arvo, and what do I come up to in front of me but a Denning which was white in colour and black spots all over the back of her. Roll up beside it, put the passenger window down to "inhale the music", and to my surprise there was 8 noise makers in there instead of the usual 6.
Next, stop at the next servo to wash the oil off my windscreen ;D

Austral Tourmaster with 6V92T mechanical

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #148849 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Re: simons v12 cabovers
Class bit of commentary there roadbossman.

Do remember the 8V-71 non turbos hittin the mountain and being stopped dead within 20 paces. Needed to have quick reflexes to make all the downshifts as quick as the revs were dying.

More
9 years 3 months ago #148850 by 352rhd
Replied by 352rhd on topic Re: simons v12 cabovers
Just kicking it back to the top.thanks for the phone chat detective. The family of the original owner want to get involved on the way of sponsorship, e.g fund the restoration. But under the promise that it then goes to Alice springs.I'm going it alone so I can enjoy the truck.Alice springs is a long way from Wollongong.

More
9 years 3 months ago #148851 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Re: simons v12 cabovers
PM'd you a month or so back re the Robbo's K100, did you ever find that piccy mate?

Just kicking it back to the top.thanks for the phone chat detective. The family of the original owner want to get involved on the way of sponsorship, e.g fund the restoration. But under the promise that it then goes to Alice springs.I'm going it alone so I can enjoy the truck.Alice springs is a long way from Wollongong.

More
9 years 3 months ago #148852 by oldgmc
Replied by oldgmc on topic Re: simons v12 cabovers
Detroit and Cummins rivalry brings out the cards it,s good to see it,s staying good humoured keep it up LOL

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy

More
9 years 3 months ago #148853 by 352rhd
Danny.there is a Facebook group called classic Australian kenworths.the owner of that truck posted some pics of the thing

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #148854 by
Replied by on topic Re: simons v12 cabovers
...hey Eccy .. could you chuck a pic up of your Simon's banger just as she is now ?...

...she is really well worthy of the resto she deserves...and such a rarity at that 8-) 8-)

More
9 years 3 months ago #148855 by DaveG
Replied by DaveG on topic Re: simons v12 cabovers

Class bit of commentary there roadbossman.

Do remember the 8V-71 non turbos hittin the mountain and being stopped dead within 20 paces. Needed to have quick reflexes to make all the downshifts as quick as the revs were dying.

This would have been one of them.
[IMG

More
8 years 9 months ago #148856 by 352rhd
Just kicking this thread back to the top,here is an update.I am in possesion of 2 of the 3 v12 ex Simons k100's.1 is under serious restore,the other a complete runner re powered with an equally ledgendary silver 892. The resto truck is being sponsored by the Simon family and glen lynch (hexam n.s.w). Pictures will be posted soon via another club member.I'm hoping to have one ready for the screaming the Hume next year(dreaming).the third v12 chassis# survives. Watch this space.thankyou

More
8 years 2 months ago #166851 by twin stack pete
Replied by twin stack pete on topic simons v12 cabovers
this is morgan simon,receiving a new k100.in the 70's he was big on kw's and Detroit power
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds