Skip to main content

Crawlin' the Hume 2014 - April 12-13

More
10 years 1 month ago #114795 by Tacho
Many thanks for putting those video's on here Roderick, and thanks to Steve for making the effort to take them. Not too many vehicles had their lights on, so the fog must have appeared heavier on the screen than it was.
Top stuff anyway, and as close as we can get for those that wanted to be there. Cheers Geoff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #114796 by gilly
Thanks Roderick,
I might look for another muffler 8-)
Score of Ten for your effort, appreciate it.
Gilly

More
10 years 1 month ago #114797 by hayseed
Congratulations to the Organizers for a well run trouble free/incident free Weekend...........

Thank you.. see you in 2016..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
10 years 1 month ago #114798 by bparo
Congratulations to Robert French and Roger 'Slasha' Marchetti on a fantastic event. Also to all those that supported it in any way.

I spoke to several members of the public who had seen the trucks and followed them to Winton or Albury Racecourse.
The fact the event was run by the ATHS but suppotted by the other 2 truck clubs in Victoria as well as those from Sydney and other points across Australia blew their minds.

A couple of people I spoke to who were in car clubs could not believe all the clubs could support each other like this and two complained that events of this size with that sort of focus degenerated into politics regarding who won what trophy for trailering their vehicle to the event and the old truck movement was showing the rest of the vehicle movement how it should be done.

It appears that Haulin and Crawlin are turning into showcase events not just for trucks but showing the whole hobby vehicle movement. Thanks Bruce Gunther, Robert, Slasha and all your helpers for getting us held in such high regard.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #114799 by Roderick Smith
Strike while the iron is hot. I have had two duets so far, so I can't guess which was being driven by our owner/moderator.
My next six. A couple were framed badly in haste, but I am still posting to give credit to the owner who participated. If I had had the weekend spare, I would have tried to be a passenger in the cab of one of the 1920s. What an adventure.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Roderick Smith.

More
10 years 1 month ago #114800 by asw120
Thanks for the pics and the video links.
Most enjoyable.

Cheers.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

10 years 1 month ago #114801 by
All I can say it was a TOP run and it ran like clock work and thanks too every one who put and made this a awsome weekend .

My best part was when I blew the door handles off a KENWORTH going up Pretty Sally :) :) you couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Got home at about 9pm last after visting a bloke with a WS Bedford who lived in Wang. Dave

More
10 years 1 month ago #114802 by modela2010
Wow! What a weekend! Enjoyed it immensely. 8-) 8-)

A big thank you to the organisers and to all that helped make the run happen. [smiley=thumbup.gif] [smiley=thumbup.gif]

It was good to catch up with familiar faces and meet other members from the forum.

Mrs Slasha has put a challenge up to us to have young mate's R190 ready for Crawlin' the Hume in 2016. Looks as though there is another mad rush in 2016 to get it ready for the next run. :-/

Thanks for posting the pictures and videos. The old Dodgy Inter even made it onto a video. Still need to look at the rest.

We got home last night about 11.30pm after having a detour at Melon Reo's place for a couple of hours. Thanks for the tour Melon.

Overall, it was a few hectic days for us but worth it. See you lot later and maybe in Dubbo for "our" show in August.

Take care and keep on truckin' Jon

More
10 years 1 month ago #114803 by Roderick Smith
Dave blasting past the Kenworth was a highlight of one of the videos.

There is a sixth video now, views from a car overtaking:
<
;

Here are my next six: I'll have to do two batches per day or I'll still be posting as the next Crawlin is leaving Campbellfield. However, this was a major weekend, and I have other events yet to report for other groups. I took a few couple of rear shots, mainly those who were promoting the hobby, some where I had missed the approach shot. It was hard picking the right amount of telephoto, then it was hard using the viewfinder so I switched sides, with no advance warning and a greater risk of a car blocking the view. Steve's Pretty Sally viewpoint was much safer.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
10 years 1 month ago #114804 by asw120
There is a sixth video now, views from a car overtaking:
<
;;

That last one is a class piece of film! Impossible to get all of the trucks like this, but the effort in getting these few is well worth it IMHO.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds