Skip to main content

Crawlin' the Hume 2014 - April 12-13

More
10 years 1 month ago #114815 by scratcha
Have a look at the lad in the passenger seat of the blue loadstar, He's having the time of his life! 8-)

Great photos!

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #114816 by cymro
Thanx to all the organisers for a great event.Also to the guys for putting up the footage and photos.
Lyn

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #114817 by Roderick Smith
Steve has his 11th up: more of leaving Winton, including a good one of the Flxible Clipper, and much denser packing than leaving Campbellfield. He got more toots than I did, but perhaps he was giving the teenage sign, which I wasn't doing.
<
;

While the enthusiasm is still up, I have to keep pushing. I am not being selective: everyone deserves recognition for their effort; only one failure is so hopeless that it won't appear; the others I shrink. Even the oddball of three non-rallying locals gets in: they are all trucks which people know. This selection includes one from Queensland. The sixth belongs with the next group, so I have brought a special crop forwards instead: a man and his dog (kelpie?), nearly the equal of a dad with his lad . 'The dog sits on the six-speed box, on the road to, Gundagai'. Rallies bring out the best spirit in any hobby.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria

Possibly three local, and not rally:

A Queensland entrant:

A man and his dog. Not quite up with Mallee farmers having a monkey drive the tractor while throwing out the hay, but just wait 2 years.

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Roderick Smith.

More
10 years 1 month ago #114818 by geoffb
Rodders when referring to the Transtar do you mean the old bloke and his grandson
Reckon the grandson could back it to a loading bay already :) :)

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #114819 by Roderick Smith
Ah yes, in that light I couldn't tell father-son from grandfather-grandson, and far more likely young teenage than 11. Fully agreed, we were all teenagers once, and all chances to act older were grabbed: usually more from relatives/friends than father. Centuries ago, a tribe elder would show a youngster how to kill an edible animal with a spear. Today it is technology, but the same ritual. My father's cousin was a Rolls-Royce owner, and took me to meetings and rallies. My father let me back the caravan into tight spots. The group has a 16 yo restorer from Stawell: was he there with an adult doing the legal bits?
My next section is tomorrow morning, not tonight. 12 per day has to suffice.

A post edit: Steve has episode 12 showing.
<
;
It covers more of the departure from Winton. As I viewed, I was reminded of the parallels with my railway hobby.
* Retired equipment: 'We might be retired, but this is what we were built to do, and we can still do it'.
* Others: 'We weren't built for this, but we can do it, and we are doing it'.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Roderick Smith.

More
10 years 1 month ago #114820 by Raggsie
It was indeed a great event, and a credit to the organisers and their band of helpers.
A big thanks also go out to all the photo and video takers (seemed to be hundreds) along the route.
I personally chalked up about 750 miles(1200 Ks) for the weekend, and it makes you appreciate how good we`ve got it these days.
Rags

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #114821 by
Thanks heaps for your fantastic input and commentary Rodders....it's very much appreciated by us all 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

.....innit great how you can only REALLY hear the GM's.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
10 years 1 month ago #114822 by Raggsie
Don`t know about that Detective, watched a video of Crackers 903 and it works for Me 8-)
Rags

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

More
10 years 1 month ago #114823 by emd645e3c
Rod has been posting links to my videos from the day, hope you all enjoyed them. I have been asked by someone on another site about getting a copy on DVD of the stuff from YouTube.

If enough people were interested in paying around $15 a copy + postage, I'm prepared to edit all the footage up and post them out to people. The only question is, would you prefer a standard DVD ( with quality loss ), or MP4 files that retain the original High Def ?

There will be one final video in the series, which will probably be available to view in the morning.

Steve

10 years 1 month ago #114824 by
....'scuse me Raggsie .. dead right about that!!...i'll try to sit on the fence and have a better listen :) :) :)

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds