Skip to main content

Wings and Wheels Event Queensland - May 25-27

More
11 years 11 months ago #78260 by bparo
aircraft are very striclty controlled. There is a 'cycle life' on an airframe which is the number of takeoffs and landings (one up and one down is one cycle) after which they must be inspected and after a certain number, depending on the Manufacturers specifications, the airframe can not be used.

The same applies for most aircraft parts. Every part has a serial number and on finding particular defects (even wear) or having be reconditioned a defined number of times it must be scrapped - Andy will know more about this than I will.

Its not like old trucks or steam engines where you can recondition parts forever

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #78261 by
I was aware about aircrafts having a lifespan. I was just very hopeful that the Mig hadn't reach it yet! Big shame.

It will soon be that none of the old planes would be in a position to fly anymore.

By the way Bparo some parts of a boiler and especially certain types can't be reconditioned for ever. And depending on what state you are in!

11 years 11 months ago #78262 by
Oh with the biplane compared to the mig it most likely is due to the speed they travel at but also the mig is most likely a pressurized cockpit. Which would introduce a new set of rules most likely.

It is great however that it will be looked after and not left out side to deteriorate.

More
11 years 11 months ago #78263 by q4016lanz
Hi Ian thanks for posting all those pics.
I like that green pug nose Mack pickuip. I have never seen one of those before :)

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #78264 by ianoz
The Newer bangers .
V8 Valueliner .

Mack demonstrator .

Western star won peoples choice ,best working truck

R Model , still working .

Almost missed this one :-[. This is the mover of the well restored Mack collection .
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by ianoz.

More
11 years 11 months ago #78265 by bigcam
Ian, thanks for the pictures mate, looks like it was a great weekend.

More
11 years 11 months ago #78266 by ianoz
Problem was it was a great weekend , But the friday night frightened quite a few off .. Stuff was still sitting on the back of trailers up until lunchtime saturday , before they commited to sticking them in the display .. We took 5 crawlers ,One of them ,because it was fairly wet ,we never even started it ,as did not want to mess the place up towing it to start it . WE get some good weather next year , it should be a great turnout .

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #78267 by ianoz
Couple of Photos i missed last time . Mates 1980 R600.

Can't forget the Govenor
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by ianoz.

More
11 years 11 months ago #78268 by bigcam
Ian, did your mates green Mack have a tipper on it last year?

More
11 years 11 months ago #78269 by ianoz
Yes Cam , There is a photo of it earlier in the thread from last year .He also has a Flintstone Prime mover and another R model.

Time to create page: 0.598 seconds