Skip to main content

Wings and Wheels Event Queensland - May 25-27

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #78270 by Andy Wright
The Dragon was completely rebuilt with new wood etc so much of its structure is brand new. I would argue the MiG was thoroughly inspected when she came to Australia (and has been since) but has not been rebuilt with new components so is reaching the end of those components' lives. Sadly, it probably comes down to cost of sourcing new components among other things.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Andy Wright.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #78271 by paul404
The story i got with the mig is that its out of frame hours. Here's a little vid of it.
[IMG

A vid of Jon Overals red cruiser

[IMG

And a few more shots

More
11 years 10 months ago #78272 by Roderick Smith
The aviation group oz-spotters has missed out on a report of this event: the member who was planning to attend (by road, not his own aircraft) was deterred by the weather and didn't go.
Did any HCVC person list the aircraft registrations (or did they appear on a catalog).
If you email them, and any other photos of the assembled aircraft offlist, I can place them with oz-spotters.

Meanwhile, I am offering the link to this thread as a part replacement, with types which the experts there will recognise.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor
rodsmith @ werple.net.au

More
11 years 10 months ago #78273 by bigcam
Roderick, call the phone number on the flyer. The organizers are avid aviation buffs and are freindly.

More
11 years 10 months ago #78274 by ianoz
On the Aircraft side , Ron Creed Is the guy to talk to .
The following weekend the Creed family held A BBQ and presented a cheque being for the proceeds of the event to the helicopter rescue service .
I did get a couple of photos of the aircraft still there . If they are any help ,Your quite welcome to pass them on . They are still in the camera , but I will post them here Shortly .

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds