Skip to main content

International C1820

More
9 years 5 months ago #150696 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International C1820
I may be wrong, but I think the bonnet is the same pressing from AB to D-line; they have different holes in them and different badges, though. You could make one out of the other once you find the right emblem. Someone will want those 1310 badges, don't chuck them out if the pins are still there.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #150697 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: International C1820
Sorry, I can't help with the tags. I've got a D-Line and all my books are for the D-Lines,While they are essentially identical to the C-Line, model numbers and engine and gearbox options were a little different. For example I can't I can't find any reference to your diff or gearbox in my D-Line parts book.

Dennis

More
9 years 5 months ago #150698 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic Re: International C1820
Thanks for trying for me.

I will be sure not to throw the badges out if they are in salvageable condition.

Geoffa are those images from a build thread you have on here? Also does anyone know of any build threads on here for these. I have had a scratch around in the search section but can't come up with much.

Urchy87

Adventure before Dementia.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #150699 by geoffa
Replied by geoffa on topic Re: International C1820
Jarrod,

Re the chassis reinforcement. The original sales brochure fo theAB model says the following about the frame.

Pressed steel channel, 9" x 3" x 1/4". Inverted 9 1/4" x 3 1/4" x 1/4" L-type reinforcement on 171' and 189" w.b. models.

I have three AB182's, a 153"wb, a 171" wb and a 189" wb and they all have the inverted L plate reinforcement extending from above the centre of the front axle to just behind the front spring hanger of the rear spring assembly.

I have a CD1840 and the reinforcement plate goes back to just past the rearmost bracket for the helper springs.

On the D1830 it goes back beyond the rear shackle of the rear springs.

Urchy. If you search in the Trucks for sale and wanted, under Fuel Delivery Tanks, ( the last post was by Mammoth on 8.9.2014) you will find the story about the restoration of this truck.

As said earlier the bonnets on AB, C and DLine are interchangeable. The holes for the various badges and letters are different and would require filling if used on a different model. A bonnet from an AA model cannot be fitted to AB, C or D Lines.

Geoff.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by geoffa.

More
9 years 5 months ago #150700 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic Re: International C1820

Sorry, I can't help with the tags. I've got a D-Line and all my books are for the D-Lines,While they are essentially identical to the C-Line, model numbers and engine and gearbox options were a little different. For example I can't I can't find any reference to your diff or gearbox in my D-Line parts book.

Not an expert in the bonnets, but I can say for sure that box and rear diff are still standard for D line 1800s and maybe even the lighter 1900s? I'm thinking D line equivalent ACCOS too... Either way, they're given plenty of text in my D line workshop manual. Pretty sure I remember them in sales brochures too.

Not sure how trust worthy the books are for options either - for example, my C line parts book lists the airpack brake booster, but the D line WS manual has nothing.

More
7 years 10 months ago #171486 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic International C1820
600Dodge hope you find this. As requested here is the coupe for you. It's a 1976 HX LE. Not everyone's favorite coupe but honestly, those people don't know what they are missing out on.

Remember the old inter now Sarge?

Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #171540 by 700GMRR
Replied by 700GMRR on topic International C1820
Nice Ride Urchy
good luck with the Inter

More
7 years 9 months ago #171549 by Urchy87
Replied by Urchy87 on topic International C1820
Thanks 700GMRR. It doesn't see the light of day as much as it should unfortunately.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds