Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
8 years 1 month ago #167833 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Re: Fill's Bedford
Hi Oldgmc I have found that cast iron seems to clean up fairly easy.First start with four inch grinder with a wire head
then I have about five wire brushes all different sizes and a extension bit that fit in a drill.One old trick for cleaning steel is to rub a hessian rag, works a treat. I have a cabinet making work shop, what I do is get some chip board melamine saw dust, put it on some denim and rub it. Works better than hessian as far as I know it's my invention. It has to be seen to be believed!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168096 by Fill
Hi all,
At the start of my resto I was going to take the engine out, clean it and replace the front mount and put it back in.
Now putting in change over water pump, welsh plugs, front pulley seal, having a look to see if I can get synchro in second gear, and will be painting the engine (just don't know when to stop!)
Photos to come
Cheers Fill

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168097 by Fill
[img]http://farm2.staticflickr.com\/1642\/25599862892_2d0648e572_z.jpg[/img]

[img]http://farm2.staticflickr.com\/1512\/25625835681_d2bab9b784_z.jpg[/img]
I was hoping the shackle was going to be strong enough.

[img]http://farm2.staticflickr.com\/1466\/25720884865_7c19aeed3d_z.jpg[/img]
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Fill. Reason: duplicate upload

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 1 month ago #168099 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
Fill
Gudday M8

Gr8 pix

Butt
shouldn't U B performing the above in the lounge with one eye on the TV n other eye on the beer fridge

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 1 month ago #168283 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Today I took the clutch out to get the fly wheel off to get the bellhousing off to get to the back welsh plug! It is the only one that is brass- do I replace it?
How ever, the clutch rivets were sticking out so I am getting the fly wheel machined, reco pressure plate and new clutch plate. I guess it is easier to fix now but more$$
Cheers Fill

More
8 years 1 month ago #168286 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fill's Bedford
I had a theory that rivet grooves in the flywheel and pressure plate would give you more life out of the next clutch LOL!

Was that plug leaking, or were you just being cautious? I've only ever found steel ones leaking before, never needed to replace a brass one. Since you've gone to all that trouble though......

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 1 month ago #168288 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford

asw120 wrote: I had a theory that rivet grooves in the flywheel and pressure plate would give you more life out of the next clutch LOL!

Was that plug leaking, or were you just being cautious? I've only ever found steel ones leaking before, never needed to replace a brass one. Since you've gone to all that trouble though......

Jarrod.

I dont think theory is that sound but what would I know trying to make uneven surface grip on a even surface dunno maybe ????????????

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 1 month ago #168289 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
The brass one was not leaking, but I didn't know it was brass until I got everything off. All the others were steel and not leaking.
Cheers Fill

More
8 years 1 month ago #168291 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Fill's Bedford
I figure you've got just that much further to go before the rivets hit the steel again :)
Done it before, but never did the miles to wear another one out. (I did not make the grooves, it came that way, must've been slipping for a while? HT Holden. I used to wreck HKTG's and put 'em together out of bits when you could pick them up for $50)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
8 years 1 month ago #168294 by Merrick
Replied by Merrick on topic Fill's Bedford
That looks ace. Makes me want to go back and redo my wheels properly.

A while back you replaced all your tie-rod ends and king pins and so on. Can I ask where you sourced those parts?

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds