Skip to main content

who to believe

More
8 years 5 days ago #169662 by AB120
who to believe was created by AB120
A fellow member on this forum gave me a set of engine mounts for my inter as long as i paid the postage. he sent them from his local mail centre and the cost was $35 and the weight of the parcel 14kg. It was sent on the monday before anzac day from around canberra to the sunny coast. Parcel did not arrive by this tuesday so checked the tracking device and was told parcel was delivered on the previous friday. Turns out the sub contractor saw no 12 as my street adresson the parcel saw no14 on a house presumed my house was on on the left side of 14 so he claimed he left the parcel. my house was on the right side of 14 and the owner of 16 claims she never recieved the parcel.Now have got the police and Aust post investigations looking for a 14kg parcel full of rusty metal truck parts that are of no use to anyone unless they are doing an engine swap in an inter.Do I believe the subbie or do i believe the lady from no16. someone is lying and the bloke in no14 saw the subbie arrive with a parcel but is unsure if he left it have to wait and see what turns up maybe.
graham

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 days ago #169664 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic who to believe
well at least it made it some where, fare chance they got lost along the final leg of the journey

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 5 days ago #169665 by AB120
Replied by AB120 on topic who to believe
No I think that the courier nicked them or the lady in 16 has got them or disposed of them in the bin.
graham

More
8 years 5 days ago #169666 by AB120
Who would want rusty greasy engine mounts except me or someone doing an engine swap no one
graham

More
8 years 5 days ago #169667 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic who to believe
Mate, I would ask to see who signed for it. At least you might able to eliminate your neighbors if the signatures don't match.

I have had so much trouble with freight, that now, I just get it addressed to the depot/post office with my phone number, so when it turns up, the depot will call me and I can organize to pick it up at my convenience and not worry about having to be at home, chase the truck, etc. I have never had anything go missing this way either.

More
8 years 5 days ago #169668 by dieseldog
Replied by dieseldog on topic who to believe

AB120 wrote: No I think that the courier nicked them or the lady in 16 has got them or disposed of them in the bin.
graham

Perhaps she see's this as a way to stop you from working on it day and night...... ;)

More
8 years 5 days ago #169671 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic who to believe
now perhaps I live in different neighbor hood but even if it got dropped at the wrong house if the address was right surely they would just leave it on your front door to me thats what any normal person would do I think dunno I guess Im not that normal maybe

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 5 days ago #169672 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic who to believe
Don't let this matter rest. I have had trouble with Auspost losing a parcel I sent registered worth $830. At first their courier in Melbourne couldn't find the address which is on all GPSs and Google earth, so it was sent back to me " return to sender", except the courier in Sydney dropped it at a business address that he couldn't remember,5km away, to a signature that couldn't be read. I complained to Auspost who told me I should have insured it. I said why should I insure it, I entered into a contract with you to deliver a parcel to a specified address, and you stuffed up twice. Long story short I persevered ( three months) and went to the Telecommunications ombudsman, who made them cough up the $830. To save you ringing the Auspost number and waiting for hours to talk to someone, ( after pushing every number to get to the department you want,) ring this number and it circumvents all the BS. 1800 817 538. PERSEVERE YOU WILL WIN IF YOU PERSIST.

More
8 years 4 days ago #169676 by AB120
Thanks for the advice. The sender thought about sending the parts requiring a signature but decided being old heavy rusted dirty parts who would want to pinch them. Also in my defence I only work in daylight hours and am always considerate of the locals. To remove a motor and a few panels does not make a lot of noise so she cannot be cranky over that. She even told me that she has a genuine ww2 Jeep on a farm somewhere local. I am starting to think that the subbie must have them. Golly they were two houses away so what has happened not as if they were lost in the big system somewhere.The subbie confirmed that the parcel was heavy and a triangle shape so he has seen it because that is what the sender told me it was like. Like you said I would have just walked to my neighbours house if I had the wrong parcel and told them if I could not carry it even put it in my wheelbarrow. things bad when you have to steal things
Graham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
8 years 4 days ago #169678 by Bobsboy
Replied by Bobsboy on topic who to believe
Hi,

$35 for 14 kilo's?
Gee, that's cheap.
Last time I wanted to do an Aussie Post parcel the price made my eyes water and I didn't.

just saying,

-b

Mucking about on the edge

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds