Skip to main content

Single axle semi trailer, flat deck or extendable

More
2 years 4 months ago #230330 by hayseed

Just hide it behind the garage. No one will know.
This would work, I could even hide it in plain site. One of my mates didn't see the SWB single drive Louisville (LN8000) parked to the side of my driveway in the front yard.

Here I was Thinking you were going Tow It with the '55 Ford in your Avatar...B)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #230332 by Brad

... A lot of work and cost to clean up the rust and put on a deck. ...
... Just an opinion, Paul.
Rust - I thought the rust wasn't too bad, mostly surface. It would be nice, but expensive to do it properly and dissassemble, blast and paint. There are a couple of ugly bits where the skid plate can hold water, I'm hoping major surgery not required.

I can scrounge for used hard wood, I keep an eye out for builders doing partial demos/reno work. I'll have to spend on steel for the deck structure, this is hard to get left over from building sites. Private sellers seem to think their used and rusty steel contains gold, judging by asking price :-) .

The rear part is 6.1 m and front part about 2.9 m.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #230333 by Brad

Just hide it behind the garage. No one will know.
This would work, I could even hide it in plain site. One of my mates didn't see the SWB single drive Louisville (LN8000) parked to the side of my driveway in the front yard.

Here I was Thinking you were going Tow It with the '55 Ford in your Avatar...B)
I'll get a triaxle for it :woohoo:
But seriously, I'd like to put the '55 on the trailer. It should fit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #230335 by Brad

Did the auction group list it as a certain make ?
Rego departments dont seam to be to fussed with old trailers, theres many chassis numbers are the same or nothing at all
If you cant find a chassis number just stamp one in, the rego deoartment wont question it and put what ever make you like down
Get a weigh bridge ticket and act dumb
Thats all I do and it works for me
Paul
Auction listed it as "unknown", at least you know where you're standing.
Given it's historic, a close to correct year and make would be nice for the rego records.
But I agree with you Paul, no need to offer any more info than required. Don't give 'em a reason to doubt you.

I expect a few hurdles but no roadblocks with rego. I'll probably venture to a bigger transport dept. where I've had better luck with a "special needs" vehicle. I used exact same info I presented at two different smaller outfits where I got no result.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #230336 by Brad

hayseed

Given the paint Colour I reckon it originally belonged to the Sydney County Council... BISTBC

Sydney County Council 1935 to 1991 (oddly named as they were formed to produce electricity and operate the network (distribution). This was abolissh and NSW Gov formed:
Sydney Electricity 1991 - 1996 , there were various megers with other entities and in 1996 renamed:
Energy Australia 1996 - 2011 (?)
click Sydney County Council (wiki)

Actually not oddly named at all/ NSW had many County Council as Electricity Distributors and suppliers, I did my apprenticeship at one, Southern Mitchell County Council, there were many other County Councils including Ophir, Shortland, Illawarra etc
Paul

Thanks Paul, Did you see any of these types of trailers around during your time?

The Sydney and other various regions having their own providers, I get this bit. The various city or municipal councils (prior to 1935 I guess) providing power as one of their services, I also get this. I just thought it odd that an entity that "only" does electricity would be called a "county council", after all, it did get renamed to "Sydney Electricity". You were certainly in the thick of it and what I've read about the entities aligns exactly with what you're saying. It was all named this way, no doubt for good reasons. I'm just not seeing the logic, but that's ok with me.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Brad. Reason: Removed the excess quotes.

More
2 years 4 months ago #230352 by paulc20

hayseed

Given the paint Colour I reckon it originally belonged to the Sydney County Council... BISTBC

Thanks Paul, Did you see any of these types of trailers around during your time?
e.

No, we had jinkers that were connected to the truck with hook and pintle, there was a bolster on the truck and a bolster over the axle of the jinker.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds