Skip to main content

Golden Oldies Truck Show Dubbo 9th August 2014

More
9 years 9 months ago #113531 by werkhorse
Great photos Angleiron .... I see 2 there that get me excited ;)

One is all spooky and the other was always flammin empty ;) ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #113532 by
Have to agree it is the best show I have attended and some other events need to get some of that atmosphere bottled as it was gold. Thank you all so much for the unreal hospitality shown to all.

I heard an unofficial count of 330 TRUCKS on the ground plus those that did not get unloaded and at a guess there would be at least another 40-50 so around the 370 marks would make this on of the best supported events.

We will be back again.

Trevor

More
9 years 9 months ago #113533 by Cunning Stunt
I'm definitely regretting not being able to get along, every one has told me what a brilliant weekend it was. Well done to the organisers and thanks to all for the piccy's

Some play hard to get

More
9 years 9 months ago #113534 by modela2010
Hi guys.

I will pass on the thanks to all that were involved to make the show what it was.

Without the entrants, you guys that attended with a vehicle, the show would not be what it was. So a BIG thank you goes out to you lot too. Could not have done it without the support of the people who love the "old" trucks and like driving the old bangers for a weekend trip away..

Thanks to those who arrived early to go on the Friday run. It was not going to be all regimented and time based, just a leisurely drive with a couple of BS stops with lunch sometime. Seemed to work???? I have taken photos but yet to post :-[ What did you lot think of the Gallery???? Not what a lot would have expected ;) ;) Also thanks to the guys that let the kids jump in their truck for a "look".

As SloSpeed said there were just over 300 trucks on the ground and a few were still left on trailers, so 350-370 ish??? and approx 3000 people through the gate. Looks as though the one day event might have worked :-/ Had a couple of people on Sunday looking for the truck show! ;D (Advertised as one day only)

Over for another year and looking forward to 2016. "We" have the showground booked for the same weekend in 2016 so start getting ready! I will keep you posted with dates as it gets a little closer.

Thanks for the count down Swishy. Good job as always. There was a truckies road map as a "raffle prize" at the dinner, you could have won, so you could have made it home ;) ;)

Thanks again and hope you all had a good weekend.

Jon

More
9 years 9 months ago #113535 by camma
I'm really disappointed that I couldn't make it to a great event.

Thanks to everyone that attended, posted piccys and to everyone involved in organising the event.

I look forward to seeing you all at Yarra Glen in November.

Regards
Camma

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

More
9 years 9 months ago #113536 by Coupeute
Great day as a spectator only this year. Good to see a few faces & to meet you slospeed. Great turn out of goodies. Dave

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
9 years 9 months ago #113537 by newto
just want to add my appreciation to Brian & Jon on a GREAT show.
met up with a lot of old mates,missed out on a few that apparently dodged me,haha,but the quantity and quality of the gadgets on display was outstanding!!
this show with its venue,exhibitors,organisers and often forgotten volunteer helpers has set the benchmark....well done!!!!
newto

9 years 9 months ago #113538 by
Fridays Road run

This was an added bonus for the early arrivals Jon had organised a nice little 70 km run

It was a little cold overnight

[IMG

We first headed out towards Wellington

(flat out and still couldn't hit the 60kph roadwork speed limit)
[IMG

To a place called Wongarbon to visit a Gallery www.garlinggallery.com.au/ after we had finished at the gallery the school next door allowed the children out for a look at the trucks.

[IMG

[IMG

Next we headed for lunch out across some nice winding back roads

[IMG

[IMG

To the pub at Ballimore. A special thanks must go to the staff at the pub they did a fantastic job in getting us all feed and if your in the area a good place to get a bit to eat and a few cold ones.

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

After the meal it was a nice 30k drive back into Dubbo were some of the big boyz got to stretch their legs a bit.

Thankyou Jon for organising this great little run.

Trevor

9 years 9 months ago #113539 by
On the way up we stopped at West Wyalong for Lunch and caught up with Pat Morris.

Gilly, Hotrod Donny, Braggsy and Team27

[IMG

Trevor

9 years 9 months ago #113540 by
Some general pictures taken at the show.

Nice little C30 Inter
[IMG

KB7 Inter
[IMG

V8Internuts line up on the left
[IMG

Vic Pikes lovely C30 Inter
[IMG

Knighty's beast and did the Jakes sound nice in the parade.
[IMG

27 sitting infield
[IMG

Steve Bragg's looking lost sitting next to Gilly in the parade.
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Rob French
[IMG

Trevor

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds