Skip to main content

Fill's Bedford

More
7 years 9 months ago #171658 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford
the Dawn winch is as handy as all get out and they will handle a lot more than the two ton I guess a lot depends on how strong you are Im surprised I dont see more on the back of stationary engine type peoples trucks ideal for the shows I would think

All you need now is to mount it on some wheels and then you just need different anchor points around the shed and you can wheel it out of the way when not in use

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #171683 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Fill's Bedford
I have read about Ankor wax on some car forums. Apparently it will preserve but will need to be reapplied as it doesn't last forever. (people were quoting 6 months to 2 years between coats.

I haven't used the product so have no personal experience with it

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
7 years 9 months ago #172234 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic Fill's Bedford
Hi all
When I took my front brakes apart about eighteen months ago I have been looking for some small springs to replace the very rusty ones with no luck.I decided to make the four springs my self, I went to a small spring manufacturer, got the right diameter wire and recipe. First I bent it into shape. I have
put them on a cake rack and plan to cook them for half a hour at 250 degrees. I will then take them out and let them slowly cool (by the way, the spring man's min. charge is one hundred and fifty dollars! I gave him five dollars for about two meters of wire). I have not cooked them yet- just waiting for the wife to do a roast to get temp up a bit. When she has finished I will take over.
Arrow shows them nearly rusted through.
[img
100_2794 by fill quinn , on Flickr
[img
100_2793 by fill quinn , on Flickr
had to grind down vice grips
[img
100_2791 by fill quinn , on Flickr

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
7 years 9 months ago #172235 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Fill's Bedford
Gr8 Info Fill

Me rekons U should get the Mrs to make them springs 4 u

after all ......... tiz her oven

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxidyne

More
7 years 9 months ago #172241 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Fill's Bedford
How were the ends of the wire joined to make the circle.

Did you weld them?

More
7 years 9 months ago #172244 by Fill
Hi Zuffen
The circle is not joined it comes apart and goes thru a small hole in the push rod (I call it a push rod). The rod is about 10mm thick. I do not know what they are for because it still has the normal big spring. They might be to make assembly easier.
Cheers Fill

More
7 years 9 months ago #172247 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Fill's Bedford
very interesting I would have thought the heat would bugger the springiness of them but I have no idea at all

To heat anything nice and gently I use a deep fryer filled with oil and it makes a nice gentle even heat and I find is a lot more accurate than the oven just gotta make sure no little kids are about as it could really burn bad if something went wrong

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 9 months ago #172302 by Fill
Hi Mrsmackpaul
I was thinking the same thing. Before I started I rang the spring man back and by chance, spoke to some one else and they gave the same recipe. I also had a look on youtube -not much there. When I am cooking the springs I am going to cook some short lengths of wire and test the difference with the uncooked ones (the wire to start with was very springy).
Cheers Fill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zuffen

More
7 years 9 months ago #172325 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Fill's Bedford
Thanks Fill.

Live and learn.

More
7 years 9 months ago #172700 by Fill
Hi all
My daughter got given a gift voucher for JB High Fi but she did not want it so I bought it off her.To cut the story short I fitted a car radio and carpet.
Cheers Fill
(I could not decide where to put the speakers so did them old school)
[img
100_2798 by fill quinn , on Flickr

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds