Skip to main content

1949 Fargo Truck Restoration Update

11 years 10 months ago #50028 by
Max

The choice of staying with the white guards looks great and the little bit of black from the Fender Welting sets it off.

Your tray/workbench looks like mine at the moment, just the correct height to work/store things.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Trevor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #50029 by MMKNJL
Hi all. Thank you everyone for all the encouraging comments. I must say the quality of work in both repairing and painting the cab by Matt and Ken and the team at MLS Truck Repairs at Riverstone has been top shelf.

Jbran - the lights are a Narva kit for all Lucas 7inch headlights. I reused all the original light housing and parts. The only problem I had with the headlights was I couldn't source the rubber gasket that goes between the light body and the mud guard, so I ended up making them.

Trevor - all truck parts and incidentals are stored on the tray [on blankets of course].

Actually, the truck colour is a light beige. Every time I take a photo, the flash goes off which makes it look white.

Cheers, Max

Max
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by MMKNJL.

More
11 years 10 months ago #50030 by Andy Wright
Max, thanks for the info on the lights. Your resto continues to be a massive education.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
11 years 10 months ago #50031 by MMKNJL
Hi all. Wondering if anyone can help....... the voltage regulator on the Fargo is a Lucas RF95, used a lot between the mid 1940's to the early 1950's.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram off any vehicle with the same regulator? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Max.

Max

More
11 years 10 months ago #50032 by slantie
The wiring diagram for my 54 Dodge (car) is found in the workshop manual - doesn't your workshop manual show one?? :-?

More
11 years 10 months ago #50033 by MMKNJL
Hi all. Many thanks to John and Diane and DesotoDave for emailing the information on the regulator.
Slantie unfortunately I don,t have a workshop manual have not been able to source one .
Cheers Max.

Max

More
11 years 10 months ago #50034 by JBran
If you need any more help with that, I have a commer superpoise workshop manual which has a wiring diagram with that regulator in it. I can scan and email a picture if you like? :) ;) :D 8-)

More
11 years 10 months ago #50035 by Trentie
Give this a shot.

www.dodgepilothouseclub.com/know/Austral...ck_manual/aus7-8.pdf

It's for a '53-'55, but the multi-wired regulator looks very similar on yours as it does to the later models.

More
11 years 9 months ago #50036 by MMKNJL
Hi all.... just thought I would post a before and after of the wiring just finished.

Max

More
11 years 9 months ago #50037 by hayseed
Great work Max,

you'll Drive It to Dubbo yet.............

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds