• If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 6 months ago #163127 by Swishy
ReX
Gudday M8

If U aint got pix ....... it din happen

LOL

yes it would take 5 Euro Busses to move 550t

where by ifn u had one yanky iron beast (one az in single)
it twould idle orff in hi range
n the job B delivered n all ovr n the boys B pack n up by lunch time ready to go to nex job

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163129 by rex
Replied by rex on topic A compromise has been reached
Swishy mate
I really need to see this American truck that can do what you say.
Lift off 550 tonnes in Hi range and road registered, I want some of them, sounds too good to be true.
But who am I to doubt Swishy.
In the meantime we will just have to take longer with our European trucks.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 6 months ago #163130 by rex
Swishy mate just noticed 99 to go
Do we have a count down?
Who or what will get the five figure post?
All I can say if there has ever been a time to wind Swishy up it has to be now!
While Swishy is misguided and spills dribble all over the Forum, all I can say is....
Good on you mate for your contribution because the Forum would not be the same without you
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
8 years 6 months ago #163132 by geoffb
Rex
There would be less Bull$hit with out him Lucky I'm not like that :silly: :silly:

• Swishy
More
8 years 6 months ago #163136 by Swishy
ReX
M80

az they say in the classics
'The Bullsh haz to start sumwhere'
:lol:
Browny aint full of it but he iz knee deep in it

I lost 100 on the counter wen we switched ovr to this here new 4m ( but hooz count n)

:ohmy:

:woohoo:

https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/11146485_1582157538720678_5362310383748558808_n.jpg?oh=c652eefaa1db4fbb3b19770b26964bdb&oe=569323DD&__gda__=1451802274_bbd7654af0908cb70c8c75a45bbbbe08

cya

More
8 years 6 months ago #163149 by geoffb

More
8 years 6 months ago #163162 by hayseed

rex wrote: Swishy mate
While I understand some people simply don't understand the power of a Volvo, I am led to believe that in the early hours of Wednesday morning......... 3 Volvos and 2 Mercedes will move a gross weight of 550 tonnes in the Portland area.
Real trucks doing real work.
Rex

Rex, I pirated this picture off the Heavy Haulage Facebook page(Andrew Sluggett)..

We'll see what Swishy has to say...
[IMG

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• Swishy
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #163167 by Swishy
Seed M80

Jist looks like a 'V'Bus hookd up to move on site waitn fir sum real yanky trucks to arrive 2 do D job

:silly:

Well Dun Rex
Noice set of girders

[img

Clikity .......................................................................................ClikClikClik

:woohoo:

[img

Clikity .. ClikClikClik

Ovr 2 U Rex

cya

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Swishy.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163182 by geoffb
Gees Rex he is putting the challenge out there :lol: :lol:

More
8 years 6 months ago #163202 by rex
Hello Browny,yes he has thrown down a challenge.
Trouble is he has been so busy trying to work out how to drive a real Truck, poor Swishy has not had time to see what happens when you simply get too big too quick.
While it is impressive to move larger loads than our Family Company can, more important how many loads can you move on our roads larger than 350 to 400 tonnes, answer very few.
Next how many on site jobs are there requireing more weight, answer very few.
Back to the start of this post, we had a young lad in Brisbane who seemed to think having shiny long bonneted American Trucks were the way to go, not forgetting he did have a few 700 Volvo's, made the mistake of believing there is no end to big loads.
Funny thing when the baloon went up and the big loads run out along with the money, the Volvo's while younger than a number of the American Trucks had more distance travelled, my guess would be when the big loads came up the American Trucks, if you could call them that were hiding.
To put this into perspective it took 8 prime movers delivering what was needed to move a 250 tonne Transformer less than 50 km. the move took less than 3 hours thanks to the 5 European Trucks, all with planetary hub reduction, all with "I" shift transmissions.
While I am 71 years old and have fond memories of the trucks I have worked, but more so the old Trucks I have have as my interest. Staying in business and moving 250 tonne Transformers needs real Trucks, after you have been subjected to the challenge moving this kind of weight using American trucks, the transition to real Trucks is very easy.
But then to move 250 tonnes on Highway will be at least 500 tonnes, bit like a Dog chasing his tail, you are now up to 5 Prime movers, 4 for the load 1 to tow the other 4.
Our challenge is out of Adelaide Sunday week, the Transformer was easy the job from Adelaide is heavy,long, wide and high, we will only be using Volvo 700s
Challengers are a daily part of our business normally we meet the task.
For me personally nailing Swishy is a challenge, then to think for a minute it will happen any time soon is out of the question because as hard as I try he just will not listen.
Rex

Time to create page: 0.623 seconds