Touche Keny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 6 months ago #163565 by Swishy
Touche ....Knot

:lol:

a transformer made in China and transported to Houston, Texas, via the Panama Canal. From Houston, the transformer, which is more than 411 feet long and weighs more than 1.7 million pounds, was transported to Thoreau using the railroad
The 22-foot-wide load will be unloaded at Thoreau on Monday and is the first of two shipments that will pass through the area. The second transformer weighs slightly less than the first transformer and will come through the area approximately two weeks after the first
The transformers are part of a project at the Pinto substation in Monticello, Utah.

SoThere :P

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 6 months ago #163568 by rex
Replied by rex on topic A compromise has been reached
Swishy mate
If your KW can tow this load would it be possible for you to let me know what type of tyres it was using.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 6 months ago #163569 by Swishy
ReX
Gudday M8

Howja big shift go in SA ........... any pix

hope all went az plannd

FCS my KWhopper buggy aint specd much ovr 100t
Guess n the Yanks like tall rubber n quite often use 24" rims
so the foot print twould B bit biggr

no use runn n 700 scandanavian ponies ifn u can't get m all to the ground

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 6 months ago #163577 by hayseed
Swishy, I'm pretty sure Rex has a couple of big jobs in .S.A.

NMP.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #163592 by Zuffen
Third photo Swishy's last reply shows two KW's down the back pushing. They're side by side.

More
8 years 6 months ago #163594 by geoffb
Rex there was a fair bit of footage of that over on face book and youtube

More
8 years 6 months ago #163605 by rex
Replied by rex on topic A compromise has been reached
Browny, Zuffen, Hayseed, and of course my mate SWISHY.
Thanks for the interest in the load going from Lonsdale SA to Orange NSW.
It is almost a complete Substation in one package 31 long 7.50 wide 4.50 high 180 tonnes. We are using 17 axle lines or 136 wheels under the load, the journey started at 1.00 AM Sunday and our schedule has us arriving Orange Saturday PM. From Lonsdale to Lower Light we averaged 8 km per hour, out on the open roads we are getting closer to 30 km per hour.
Now here is the exciting bit for the climb up for Highway one we hooked up a KW to the 700 Volvo at the front until we reached Gladstone, for no other reason other than traction, while the two 700 Volvo's have very little problem with 285 tonnes traction here and there can be a problem.
Swishy mate sorry to extinguish your excitement before it could get underway, the fact is traction is the real problem when you start hitting big weights with larger inclines, the KW was cheap insurance.
Just for any one who might be interested the planning and route surveys started last December, the TMP includes the procedure for every intersection on the route, the document contains 74 pages.
The interesting thing about this job is that, the 700 Volvo on the back belongs to RJE our client, they have thier own trailers including a 12 axle platform. This is an execellent example of a Client and Supplier working together, to say I am pleased to see our Company fortunate to have built a relationship as we have with RJE is fantastic.
Good business is about trust, good business is about telling the client what they need to know, not what they want to hear.
Thanks again for the interest in our little corner of the Transport industry but there is more to come.
We have serviced the SCAMMELL you all know the one Rex butchered, well Swishy (I know you will find a way to get a couple of S Disney Cartoons up when the Volvo's could not get the last 100 metres in) We estimate it will take about half an hour to get it exactly into place, we have been given 5mm side and along, then the trailer lifts the Substation and the bolt the legs on.
The SCAMMELL has a Allison HT 740 it can idle all day a move incredible weights.
Rex

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianoz

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #163606 by defective
....that's a bit more like it Rex....nice info instead of the tit for tat dribble these 16 pages have descended in to B) B) B)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by defective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ianoz, VicHung

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds