Skip to main content

australian peterbilt factory right hand drive

14 years 4 months ago #17769 by

mr laurie oneil doesnt have a lot of time for paccar.they really did sort of shaft him big-time & cost him alot of money.ive got most of the magazine articles that have been published,books that have featured these trucks.i have an image gallery about 10,000 pics strong taken through the years,mostly by annoying current and past owners of these trucks.factory line sheets/warranty records.owners manuals-service manuals.i own 1 of 2 surviving factory twin exhaust 352 rhd's.as soon as someone can tell me how to upload images i will share them,also i own the 1000 th australian built kw(by chassis #)plus i am in the motions of purchasing the first australian built k100 aerodyne.

Hi 352, would that 1000th KW be the K&L Press K125 that had the Alcoa's ex factory? Regards Jeffro.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #17770 by jimbo51
K & L Press KW during it's factory test run. One of two built mid 1974, chassis 400543 possibly but I'm only working from memory.

There may have been others for them but definitely not number 1000. The 1000th originally built as stock then sold to a fish carter from Eden.

14 years 3 months ago #17771 by
jimbo, thats the truck or its sister that I was thinking of, I know it was close because they were up to the 600's during 73.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #17772 by Tatra
G'Day All,

Some pics of interest on this collection (no idea whether the person in question is a member of this forum):

www.flickr.com/photos/34864860@N02/

I think this is one of the Peterbilts now in the Peterbilt palace...

Cheers,

T
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Tatra.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #17773 by 352rhd
im almost sure this is the truck peter green owns,that image was taken by a freind of mine in the mid 70's at white bay wharfes in sydney.my k123 was ordered for cromac & tranter of grafton.it is the 1000th truck by by serial allocation,not the 1000th down the line,wich is the truck that got all the media attention.that kl press truck is still around sydney,still has the 903 in it.the aerodyne is the old nft truckplus weyve got something special coming out from the states hopefully about march(for all you bj&the bear fans)ooops,did i say too much?stay tuned.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by 352rhd.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17774 by kennymopar2
i used to work within 2 mins of white bay from 87 till 95 ..unfortunally there wernt many old time trucks lining up ..just the occasional old mack

More
14 years 3 months ago #17775 by cemeNTepede
Here's a couple of other working pictures of Petes in Australia.
The tipper was parked up in a yard in Glen Innes when I passed through there in October 1978.

The acid tanker was taken just out of Brisbane,mid 1979

R/

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

14 years 3 months ago #17776 by
NTpede, that Peterbilt tipper at Glen Innes was originally in the Ron Thompson Haulage fleet of Grafton. I remember I used to see the Chemtrans Peterbilt in the yard just of Beaudesert Rd at Acacia Ridge in the 89/90 era, it looked a bit sad, it had a side cover missing off the bonnet and did'nt look too straight. I often wonder what happened to the ole girl. Great pics thanks, Jeff.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17777 by JimmyDodge
Gee Cementepede, the photo of the Chemtrans Pete' bought back memories, I used to see the old girl at Eagle Farm all the time when I was an apprentice in the mid to late '70's.
I remember thinking crikey, a Pete' like the one in the movie " Duel " ( well It looked like it to a teenager )
They certainly got their moneys worth out of the old nail , it didn't seem to stop !
Harleigh.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17778 by 352rhd
that chemtrans truck was originally acf shirleys fertilisers of sydney.it was a 281(single drive conventional).i have a photo of the thing at the 65' sydney truck show dripping with chrome.the thing is still around,in hexam (nsw).

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds