Skip to main content

australian peterbilt factory right hand drive

14 years 3 months ago #17789 by

Mark, that one in TNT colours, SWB, may have been the one that was single drive with a pusher, the other seven were bogie drive. Jeff.

If you look at the front wheel on the drive there seems to be no axle so that may be it.
When i was carting containers into there it seemed to be parked up for quite a while. Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #17790 by 352rhd
the one with the pusher axle was originally alltrans 281,the first truck delivered to them,then owned by a tnt subbie arthur ridley from sylvania,sydney.the truck is still around on the nsw north caost,the truck with duel on the bonnet was also a alltrans truck.as a matter of fact it was the second to last australian delivered pete.it is in the photos on page 1,its the one with the bullbar and cab in primer.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by 352rhd.

14 years 3 months ago #17791 by

This is probly the one
Got the piccy from an olld book.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17792 by Old AB
HI all. Read with interest about the Peterbilt. Was one in Tassy that belonged to Sweatman Brothers in Beaconsfield. Was from memory purchased new by Hilton McKoy on logs. Had 250 cummins and a 5x4 box with a strange shift patern. Had arubber block type suspension. Was still sittin in there yard 5 years ago with the scrub growin around it. He wouldnt sell it then. :P :)

Keep old inters alive.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17793 by werkhorse
They also own the very last SAR ever made

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
12 years 11 months ago #17794 by PeterbiltMech

The acid tanker was taken just out of Brisbane,mid 1979

R/

that chemtrans pete is parked up out the front of eagle transport at hexham, nsw

More
12 years 11 months ago #17795 by doug
That chemtrans pete i believe is owned by Glenn Lynch and is still in his yard at hexham

More
12 years 11 months ago #17796 by prodrive
Stuck these up the other day in another post, fellow member Peterbiltmech knows all about them and works there!
Would be an interesting place to work, they have some good toys.

More
12 years 11 months ago #17797 by doug
Had a look at the chemtrans pete today....its in a pretty sad state, but they are still talking of restoring it

More
12 years 10 months ago #17798 by PeterbiltMech

Stuck these up the other day in another post, fellow member Peterbiltmech knows all about them and works there!
Would be an interesting place to work, they have some good toys.

i've been doing a lot of research on peterbilts, especialy the classic "corvette dash" 359 pete and am currently looking into importing one or two when i go to America in september, working at lynches and having conections like frank chrystie helps a lot so if anyone has any questions just hit me up and if anyone has any info or anything on 359 petes i'd love to hear it :)

cheers
luke

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds