Skip to main content

australian peterbilt factory right hand drive

More
14 years 3 months ago #17779 by CommerKnocker
Any ideas where in Hexham? and in what nick?

The tipper looked like something that was used by McCartheys quaries on Grafton Rd in Glen Innes

Dave :)

Cart'n dirt makin roads

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #17780 by mammoth
I could ask Wayne if it was his if you really want to know. He still has some old jiggers in the quarry but following a Volvo BM 50 taking a dive into a water filled hole (driver got to surface ok) there has been a bit of a shakeup. The Pete could also have been operated by John Collins (now deceased) who had heaps of gear when the saphire boom was at its height

14 years 3 months ago #17781 by
It belonged to Hardie Marr, Glen Innes. He had two ex Ron Thompson Haulage, one 351ST-L, the one pictured, the other was a 281M with 335, but was delivered as a bogie with a 250. I think they both ended up at Hexham. Regards jeff.

14 years 3 months ago #17782 by
There used to be a TNT coloured old pete that lived at Cooks River terminal. back ......must have been in the 80's i think. It had a realy short wheelbase. Could even be the one on the train tracks in the photo.....Mark

More
14 years 3 months ago #17783 by cribotow
think weve missed the most famous of them allhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/super-cars-imports-india/14023-peterbilt-india-1955-peterbilt

&&Grasp

14 years 3 months ago #17784 by
The peterbuilt with duel on the bonnet
that worked out of Sydney was owned by a mate of mine
Geoff Mc Donald from Mt Pritchard. Who Re powered it with a 903 . It had a realy long fan shroud as the 903 was so short. Havnt seen Geoff or the truck for a long time....Mark

More
14 years 3 months ago #17785 by cribotow

14 years 3 months ago #17786 by
This is probly the one
Got the piccy from an old book

14 years 3 months ago #17787 by
Mark, that one in TNT colours, SWB, may have been the one that was single drive with a pusher, the other seven were bogie drive. Jeff.

14 years 3 months ago #17788 by
Thats the one

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds