Skip to main content

australian peterbilt factory right hand drive

12 years 9 months ago #17799 by
hey 352 i finally figured out how to drive the bloody computer. jump back online and we'll chew the fat over these brutes that simply revolutionised aussie road transport... air conditioned cabs and tinted glass just to start with... in 1963!...we're looking down the barrel of 50 years ago. their reputation has just not diminished.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #17800 by

hey 352 i finally figured out how to drive the bloody computer. jump back online and we'll chew the fat over these brutes that simply revolutionised aussie road transport... air conditioned cabs and tinted glass just to start with... in 1963!...we're looking down the barrel of 50 years ago. their reputation has just not diminished.

detective ya ever drove one??

12 years 9 months ago #17801 by
yeah i have grenfell .351s and 352s but not in the sense of being a highway operator but like a good detective i'll keep my profile low ...what do you wanna know? i .may be able to help.

cheers

12 years 9 months ago #17802 by
yeah i have grenfell .351s and 352s but not in the sense of being a highway operator but like a good detective i'll keep my profile low ...what do you wanna know? i .may be able to help.nice inside shot...that your truck?

cheers

12 years 9 months ago #17803 by
280 and 351

12 years 9 months ago #17804 by
nice to see the two sticks...direct or overdrive?,compound or main and aux? . i've found the direct ratios a little more difficult to master when either unladen or bobtail...you dont have the longer legs that overdrive boxes have so your speed washes off quicker than the o-d box as you wait till the revs drop down to around 1000 to do your main change upshift. when loaded you have momentum to carry you along thats why they suggest ,when learning, to practice main changes on a slight incline. also peak governed revs play their part at main change intervals to keep your wheels rollin because there no way you can select your change till those revs are right down.......cheers

12 years 9 months ago #17805 by
You seen to be fairly informed detective , you mention in other posts you have restored trucks! what are they?[any pics], and a trade plate to? be interested in knowing what you do for a crust?, also you mention a truck wreckers in Dandenong, would that have been C&R Truck Wreckers [long gone now] What area are you from mate? ;)

Inquiring minds need to know

More
12 years 9 months ago #17806 by bigcam

12 years 9 months ago #17807 by
said with a "i am asking politely" look on my face :)

12 years 9 months ago #17808 by
thanks bigcam, assessor and grenfell... i'm just a little coy because of a lot of stuff that flies around ...but i definitely have an enquiring mind. it was c+r trucks ...cheers

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds