Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 11 months ago #138559 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Hey GrahamJB,

very nice job - it looks fantastic,

Just a dumb thought about the auto-headlight box - if you are in a shed it may be enough for the sensor to turn on. The wifes car turns on going under the carport if the sun is behind her while mine doesn't and both our modern cars will turn on going into a shed.

Also the time taken when going under a shadow will vary. My wifes will turn on driving under a service station awning mine needs a couple of seconds longer. In neither case are they instant

I guess the only way to test that is to move the Ute in and out of the shed a few times with the sensor activated and see what happens. Might be quicker and easier than diagnosing electronic boxes

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #138560 by grahamjb
Swishy - you will have to fight it out with Lang about whose driveway gets first dibs.....

bparo, there is no such thing as a dumb thought or dumb comment - all comments are welcome and are considered in the good faith that they are provided. Your comments reference when auto headlights turn on is right on the money and every car manufacturer sets different turn on thresholds which can be frustrating. Fault finding these devices is not a big deal for me (I used to repair TV's, Videos and two way radios in a previous life) and in this case, a further inspection later last night revealed that I have damaged the sun sensor when I was routing the aircraft vent ducting.

Cheers and thanks to all for the encouraging comments.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138561 by spc383
Replied by spc383 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Lovely work. I have been following this on the aussie v8s forum and i have to say this is a fantastic build. You should be most proud.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138562 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Yep, top class Graham! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 11 months ago #138563 by Aussiehooker
i love your attention to detail and thought also high quality of work keep up the great work cheers don

More
9 years 11 months ago #138564 by trucksyd
Hey graham,with those reverse lights did u mount the switch directly near the transmission linkage?the reason I ask is I may have to fit a reverse switch to my inter for blueslip...

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #138565 by grahamjb
Trucksyd - I used the reverse switch contacts on the neutral switch that is mounted on the steering column.

Not being sure what type of transmission linkage you have; you could use the type of switch I used for my brake switch. It is pretty easy to mount and they are weather proof. The switch has a long spring loaded lever that you can bend and would be perfect for a reverse switch.
I got mine from Amazon and the good thing about Amazon is that the goods get delivered to your door ;D
www.amazon.com/ACDelco-U858-Brake-Light-...eywords=brake+switch

And these are the LEDS I used, also from Amazon www.amazon.com/2pack-Motor-Daytime-Runni...eagle+reversing+leds

[IMG

Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138566 by grahamjb
Fitted the radiator and fans after work today
[IMG

In this photo you can see the radiator tanks through the grill and the dark area covering about half of the radiator on the left to just past the IH emblem is the A/C condenser
[IMG

More
9 years 11 months ago #138567 by trucksyd

Trucksyd - I used the reverse switch contacts on the neutral switch that is mounted on the steering column.

Not being sure what type of transmission linkage you have; you could use the type of switch I used for my brake switch. It is pretty easy to mount and they are weather proof. The switch has a long spring loaded lever that you can bend and would be perfect for a reverse switch.
I got mine from Amazon and the good thing about Amazon is that the goods get delivered to your door ;D
www.amazon.com/ACDelco-U858-Brake-Light-...eywords=brake+switch

And these are the LEDS I used, also from Amazon www.amazon.com/2pack-Motor-Daytime-Runni...eagle+reversing+leds

:)thanks for that , I was after something like the brake light switch, it's good that it is waterproof also

More
9 years 11 months ago #138568 by drive56
Lookin real good Graham , neat as , you should step back take a good look and be very proud of your efforts, top job mate , if my As 112 comes up half as good as that I will be happy ;) C ya Peter.

56 AS 112 Inter pickup being rodded&&58 AS 130 inter tray restoring

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds