Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 11 months ago #138569 by grahamjb
Thanks Peter, I am sure your AS 112 will be perfect.

It is on days like today I wish I had a hoist because my shed floor is covered in power steering fluid - why? because I finally fired up the engine which last ran about 7 years ago and....
1. It would not start and I kept trying and trying thinking what have I done wrong etc; then it hit me, The immobiliser was doing its job! Hunted high and low for my fob that controls the immobiliser, opens the doors and windows and eventually found it in the safe spot that I didn't think I would forget but did...Pressed the unlock button and after a few tries the V8 was making a nice note.
2. Gave the engine a rev and the steering wheel wrenched violently to the right. It would seem that I have cocked up the power steering somehow so off came the power steering belt.
3. Lots of smoke from the pipes as usual with first time runs and I wasn't impressed with the battery volts, yep the alternator is knackered.
4. In summary I have power steering rack that is leaking ATF at a good rate and is possessed by the devil, a stuffed Alternator, I have an oil leak from the T piece set up where the oil pressure senders are mounted and I need to make a heat shield between the starter cable and the extractors. Not too bad considering it was judgement day.

Photo showing engine vitals
[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138570 by grahamjb
Sunday Update
1. I fixed the Alternator by wiring the warning light that I had forgotten to connect - it is important with Bosch 3 wire alternators to correctly wire the sense and warning cables completely or the alternator will not charge. In this case the warning lamp is required to put 12v on to the regulator to make the bugger work.
2. Fixed the oil leak on the oil pressure sender by using some Permatex and nipping everything a bit tighter
3. The power steering problem is because I have mixed up the pump and return lines and one of the rack lines is not sealing properly... have to make up new lines to fix this.
4. I will have to make up a heat shield and relocate the battery cable from the top of the chassis to the side

The extractors give off some heat hence the need for a heat shield
[IMG

More
9 years 11 months ago #138571 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
That's an impressively short list for your first start up.

You have to be happy with that.

More
9 years 11 months ago #138572 by Coupeute
I bet that's a good feeling, breathing life into it.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #138573 by grahamjb
Inter AR-110 Update
1. I have reversed the return and pump lines and made up a new rack to pump line to fix the leaks on the power steering rack - I had to get the bundy tube flared professionally because my ABW flaring tool cannot make perfect ball flares
2. Fitted a National VCR light globe (painted red) to a LED holder to keep the regulator on the alternator working.
3. Covered the cables close to the extractors with thermal shield tubing which was a PITA because I had hidden the cables and I had to unhide them etc
4. Fitted the drivers door and discovered that my wiring loom spring design is not big enough to fit all of the wires because I hadn't catered for the passengers electric window wiring control. I have removed the spring from the ferrules and am using heatshrink in lieu of the spring and all is good. I have electric window control for both doors and up/down control of the drivers door window by the remote control fob as well.
5. I have rubbed back and compounded the passengers door ready for fitting
6. Installed door seal rubber on both doors.

National Panasonic Alternator warning light
[IMG

Alternator putting out 14.3 Volts with fans on
[IMG

If you look in between the extractors and inner guard you will see the thermal heatproof tubing I have put over the cables
[IMG

The modified door wiring loom where the door loom spring is replaced with heatshrink tubing
[IMG

Passengers Door compounded and polished ready for fitting
[IMG

Drivers door nearly finished - I need to make a door card, armrest and fit the anti rattle dovetail
[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 10 months ago #138574 by geoffb

More
9 years 10 months ago #138575 by grahamjb
Hope to have it on the road by Xmas Geoff

9 years 10 months ago #138576 by
Replied by on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Graham

Just wondering what brand those gauges are and were did you get them from.

Looking great loving the effort you are putting in.

Trevor

More
9 years 10 months ago #138577 by grahamjb
Trevor
The instruments are Dakota Digital and they have a large range of products including analogue gauges.

Here is the link to their web page www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/pty...9/mode=cat/cat59.htm

Cheers
GB

More
9 years 10 months ago #138578 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
I love the way you've neatly grafted all those Commodore and other bits in to replace the bits you didn't have.
You won't have to slam the doors like I do LOL!

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds