Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 9 months ago #138599 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
I doubt whether it looked this good coming out of the factory!! Great rebuild Graham!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] And keep on posting those pictures!!

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #138600 by grahamjb
Finished making the last A/C hose/pipe after work today. I had to fit a length of aluminium pipe to the high pressure compressor hose so that I could connect it to the condenser. (I couldn't run rubber hose all the way to the condenser because the turn radius was too tight.

I cut out the centre section of this aluminium pipe and made a right angle pipe that would connect to the compressor hose
[IMG

This is the finished pipe but it is hard to show in the photo due to restricted room
[IMG

Another view showing the compressor hose fitting at the bottom and you can also see the TIG join where I cut the pipe
[IMG

Vacuuming out the system - fingers crossed the system will hold vacuum and then I can gas it up.
[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 9 months ago #138601 by 600Dodge
Which gas are you using?

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #138602 by grahamjb
I have used R134a 600Dodge

A/C is all gassed up, pressures are good and temp cycle off is 5 degrees and back on at 9 degrees with the thermostat set to the coldest position.
[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 9 months ago #138603 by Coupeute
All ready for a Perth summer cruise. Looking good.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
9 years 9 months ago #138604 by Bobsboy
Hi,

Now he's a fridgie.

Does this mans talent ever end?

Isn't HCVC amazing?

-b

Mucking about on the edge

More
9 years 9 months ago #138605 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Pipe the Ac into the glove box as a cooler :D :D

More
9 years 9 months ago #138606 by grahamjb
Not a bad idea Geoff, then I could get rid the of the esky on the seat beside me ;D

More
9 years 9 months ago #138607 by grahamjb
I need an airbox and the VX Commodore one I have is way too big and totally the wrong shape to fit inside the engine bay.

Removed the unwanted bits of the Commodore airbox
[IMG

Put some fibreglass over what was left and I now have something that I can start to work with
[IMG

More to follow when I decide where to mount it

More
9 years 9 months ago #138608 by grahamjb
Worked out how to mount the air filter box by drilling and tapping some holes in the inlet manifold
[IMG

Made some brackets from scrap aluminium
[IMG

This is where the air filter box will be located and it won't look this ugly after I have finished and painted it
[IMG

I have these bits to play with which is a cold air intake from my sons VN Commodore, the air duct from the VX airbox and some flexible duct
[IMG

This photo shows the general concept but I am not convinced about using the cold air intake assy - I am more inclined to cut an oval slot in the bottom of the air filter box and do away with the cold air intake and associated ducting
[IMG

Time to create page: 0.624 seconds