International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 8 months ago #138639 by spc383
Replied by spc383 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
That is looking magnificent graham.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #138640 by grahamjb
Thanks spc383, I still have 15 things on the list to finish before I can take it to the engineers for emission, brake and noise testing.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #138641 by grahamjb
My exhaust headers are at the Ceramic coaters so I have decided to finish off fitting the floor boards in the tray while I am waiting for the headers to be finished.

I wasn't happy with spacing the boards and the board area is not perfectly square so I decided to fit 2 x 150mm wide boards on the outside and use the 90mm wide boards for the fill. This has allowed me to trim one of the 150mm boards to compensate for the non-square shape and it also allows for the remaining boards to be a force fit.

This picture shows the 150mm boards on either side with the 90mm boards filling the remaining space. Note, the boards have not been screwed down yet and I will mix and match the boards before screwing them down to match the wood grain where possible.
[IMG

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 8 months ago #138642 by grahamjb
Screwed down the floor boards this afternoon after enjoying todays 35 degree weather on the motorbike
[IMG

More
9 years 7 months ago #138643 by grahamjb
Picked up the ceramic coated headers today and cut & polished the tailgate after work.

Double Ceramic coated headers (one inside coating and two coatings of black on the outside)
[IMG

Polished tailgate
[IMG

More
9 years 7 months ago #138644 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
oooohhhh, ahhhhhh.....

Your headers are more shiny than my paint! :D

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
9 years 7 months ago #138645 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Not wanting a argument
With those floor screw next to each other will they able to expand shrink
As I said just a question

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #138646 by grahamjb
Jarrod - I am sure they won't be too shiny after a few hours runniing!

Geoff - I have used artificial timber made from recycled plastic that does not swell when wet and requires no upkeep. I first came across this material when attending a trade show in China a few years ago and a mate of mine imported several container loads. There are several sets of steps in the Forbidden City where this plastic timber is used and when I last visited, there was no signs of wear which is pretty amazing considering the amount of foot traffic.

Cheers
GB

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 7 months ago #138647 by indianman
G'day looking very nice there Graham. I think you will be surprised at how the headers stand up I have seen a set on a race sidecar that are about 5 years old and still look fine.

Jon

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #138648 by grahamjb
Thanks Jon, hopefully the ceramic coating will last the distance and keep the heat down.

I seem to back to the one step forward and two steps back scenario......I bolted the tailgate on this afternoon and it doesn't fit.

The LHS of the tailgate opening has narrowed by 6mm with everything bolted into position. I have taken out the floor to get to the chassis/body bolts and will look at seeing how much movement I can get by shimming the body to chassis spacers.....

Looking at the photo you will see that the tailgate tongue is 6mm to the left of the locating slot,not happy
[IMG
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by grahamjb.

Time to create page: 0.605 seconds