Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 9 months ago #138619 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Well, it won't fall out!
Seriously, it's looking great. Mine doesn't even have an interior! (and when it did have, it was cardboard!)

Beautiful, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #138620 by Coupeute
I recall having a bit of fun with my windows too. They sit a little bit recessed from the cab. Being such a small window doesn't help. Looking great Graham.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
9 years 9 months ago #138621 by AT4114
Replied by AT4114 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Fantastic job it's a credit to you well done ;)

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #138622 by grahamjb
Thanks for the encouraging comments guys, hopefully my mistakes or wrong way of doing things makes it easier when you do your own builds.

Had a win today and fitted the windscreen with no dramas which I put down to watching a youtube video on fitting the rear window to a FJ Holden....yep an FJ. This video had the rare Spare guys showing how they fitted H rubber section rubber to the rear window on the FJ and I decided to follow suit. I also worked out that the key to making this task easy was fitting the locking bar to the H section so I modified my trusty workshop bottle opener so that even though it has lost its "Can" opening function , its secondary role is now a "Locking bar" installation tool. :D

The "Locking Bar" bottle opener
[IMG

Windscreen fitted in position
[IMG

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 9 months ago #138623 by grahamjb
Only managed to drill the bumper mounting holes today in between odd jobs to keep the bride happy
[IMG

More
9 years 8 months ago #138624 by grahamjb
Managed to square of the bumper mounting holes and polish some stainless steel cup head bolts to mount the bumper with and I cut the tray plastic timber to length for a trial fit

Bumper fitted and every stain on the shed floor shows up clearly in the bumper reflection!
[IMG

[IMG

Trial fit of the plastic tray timber
[IMG

More
9 years 8 months ago #138625 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
What plans do you have to stop the tray holding water under the plastic wood (good stuff that!) and causing rust?

More
9 years 8 months ago #138626 by grahamjb
Zuffen - There is no way water will pool in the rear because the plastic timber will be fastened to the cross pieces with a one matchstick gap between the boards.

Cheers
GB

More
9 years 8 months ago #138627 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Graham,

I spotted the matchsticks but are there drain holes (or a big hole) under the boards for drainage?

More
9 years 8 months ago #138628 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute

Graham,

I spotted the matchsticks but are there drain holes (or a big hole) under the boards for drainage?

Zuffen, there's nothing under the boards except Graham's cross members. Have a look at this earlier image on this thread ...

[IMG

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

Time to create page: 0.668 seconds