Skip to main content

International AR-110 Ute

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138679 by grahamjb
The reason for toying with re-sleeving the M/C bore is because a larger master cylinder bore produces more volume whereas a smaller master cylinder bore produces more pressure. The Jag M/C has a 7/8" bore and the XB M/C is 1". Re-sleeving this means that I won't have to re-plumb the brake lines or make a new booster mounting bracket.
Fitting a Jag booster M/C would have been the best choice but I was advised that the the setup I am using would work fine and it was available at the right price. Have to check the booster to see if it is faulty as fitting a larger diameter booster will be a problem but it may be the best solution along with a Jag M/C.

This is when I really wish I had a hoist!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #138680 by grahamjb
I picked up a 7" dual diaphragm booster from Armadale Auto spares this morning and the guys at Roadbend in Welshpool were kind enough to provide me with a second hand remote fill M/C which I have now modified to fit the new booster.

New 7" dual Diaphragm booster and second hand M/C
[IMG

New remote fill reservoir - the most expensive piece of plastic on the planet
[IMG

A comparison of new and old Booster & M/C assys
[IMG

The Gemini booster mounting holes are 90mm spacing and the new booster has 85mm spacing which the step drill will fix tomorrow.

More tomorrow

Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by grahamjb.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138681 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
That M/c would allow you to weld up the access hole in the floor, one less potential leak.

I'd forgotten about Roadbend. We used to use them when we had an office in Perth, around 15 ears ago.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138682 by grahamjb
Zuffen
I don't have a M/C access hole in the floor to worry about. I had to use a mirror when filling the Falcon M/C which is inconvenient to say the least.

The remote fill Jag M/C will make it easy to check the fluid level and topping up.

FYI Roadbend are the only Jag wreckers in Perth now. Jag Wreck and Aussie Jag wreckers closed down ages ago and getting Jag bits is now no longer an easy thing to do. Years ago you couldn't give an XJ6 away and now they are like hens teeth to find!

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138683 by grahamjb
Lengthened the brake pedal/booster shaft to compensate for the shorter input shaft on the new M/C by turning down a bolt that happened to have the same diameter as the shaft...

Shaft lengthening photos
[IMG

[IMG

Painted and ready to fit
[IMG

The other issue that is doing my wife and sons head in is that they don't like whitewalls and I reckon they suit the car...so here is a photo of what I want to fit (courtesy of Armadale Auto parts)

[IMG

[IMG

What do you think?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138684 by atkipete
Looking good, can you post a photo of how the new MC looks in situ. I am thinking of changing the one in my Dodge and have been told a Gemini one will suit.
Also an AR110 ute with a difference here www.flickr.com/photos/46046969@N03/16937059956/

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138685 by dieseldog
Yep, go the whitewalls...

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138686 by Mrsmackpaul
I reckon the White walls are the go

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138687 by fxs80
Replied by fxs80 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Well that's really rare, a wife that's wrong for a change ;D ;D ;D
No really, Whitehall walls with cleans skins every time ;)

1939 D2

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #138688 by fxs80
Replied by fxs80 on topic Re: International AR-110 Ute
Well that's really rare, a wife that's wrong for a change ;D ;D ;D
No really, Whitewalls with cleans skins every time ;)

1939 D2

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds